Where do they come up with the money?

by Oxnard Hamster 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

It seems that JWs have a knack for pulling money out of their asses. They work low paying jobs so they can spend 70+ hours in field service, yet they seem to survive on such a salary.

I just saw the most unbelievable site today. As I was driving through town, I noticed that the man who used to conduct my studies was looking around the used car lot, so I dropped in to say hi. Turns out he was in the process of buying a car for his 16 year old daughter. I didn't ask, but I was wondering how they could possibly afford it. I know the father got laid off from his job, and is currently unemployed. His wife recently contracted cancer, and they have had to spend money on medicine, not to mention countless trips to the doctor. I know for a fact the family is poor, so how in the hell can they afford a car? Where do the JWs get all this money that seemingly comes out of thin air?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Armageddon is just around the corner, so Charge it, charge it, charge it! When they finally do realize that Armageddon is not coming anytime soon, and that they are actually responsible for the outrageous bill, the depression gets worse, realizing that now they have major debt compounded to the problems of everyday life. Then when they retire, they have absolutely nothing to fall back on. I have witnessed this type of thinking first-hand.

• LongHauler
    LongHauler

My father was the same way. Apparently during the 1970's when intrest rates were throught the roof my Grandparents and My dad's sister and her husband played the bank market by investing in long term CD's. Since my father in his infinite wisdom believed that armaggedon was around the corner in 1975, he passed on the opportunity. He barely scrapped by until the latter half of the 1990's and up till 2001 when his business increased drastically. In fact he made serious money until the devastating flood in Houston in June of 2001. After Tropical storm Allison virtually flooded out everything on Houston's east side. Most of his customers moved out of the area. Even now since he retired and sold the business he'll be dependant on the inheritance he'll get from his mother to survive.

LH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit