Fathers Day

by zanex 3 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

It was fathers day yesterday...I had an awesome day with my daughter and non jw xlaws. I had an awesome time. It is why it is so hard to accept that my own father would never want me to recognize him on just one day of the year. A close dear friend of mine who is a non jw and has little if any knowledge of that dynamic told me to send an email or call my father and to wish him a happy fathers day. I told my friend that it would be of no good to send anything to my elder dad and highly devout mother. It would be just cause for them to get on my case once again. My friend was sort of bewildered and shocked that I could just nonchalantly blow my parents off like that. I have to remind myself that my parents did it to me first and that I have to stand my ground but it was hard explaining why I did not want to acknowledge my fathers anything on fathers day. If anything it just brought me anger when I thought about my dad. All those years wasted...all those things that "normal" people did...all of it wasted on me. Anywayz...ultimately..it was a good day and once again it validated my feelings that I am doing the right thing in never going back...gnite..

-Z-

• kls
    kls

Glad you had a great Fathers day and the attitude you have about your parents is a great one . It is their lose and since you are now free you have gained so much.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I am glad that you enjoyed the day; as a father.

...and yes, you are so right in realizing how much they ( our JW parents) and us, as children, miss out on.

Frank

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Dear old dad it's father's day
    and I just want you to know
    you're the best there ever was
    at the things I'll list below:

Stinking up a bathroom
    Snoring like a beast
    Teaching me to mow the lawn
    before I had front teeth.

Showing how to hide your feelings