Real Friends

by Paradise Found 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Real Friends dont push you into being something you are not? Real friends accept you for who you are without hesitation. It Is Impossible to be a real friend with conditional love.

So when you broke free from the watchtowers conditional love..Did your dissapointment of bing rejected and ignord by friends and family damage the love and friendship you once had for individuals?

In my case I would say. Whats worse to dissapoint ? Or to be Dissapointed ?........I have hurt so many family members with the rejection of birthdays and christmas( I was not born a Witness) ..but most of the hurt has been the arrogence of being so superior .Yet I was never rejected by my family...Now I have my family back. I was the prodigal son that came in to a cult and Judged my family..

However I feal real love for my former friends of this cult they ARE victims of the W:T regime, even if they ignor me.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi PF,

I was brought up a jw, and for the most part, I am really disappointed in my so called Friends from the JW world. However, I'm sure if they were no longer in the org, things would be very different.

My best friend who I grew up with, is no longer a JW either. We are incredibly close, closer than I am to my my 'biological' brother (who incidentally is no longer a JW either). Other friends that no longer submit to the WTBTS gong have also gotten in contact again, so I think there must be some seeds of real friendship / love sown, just deeply buried by JW propoganda.

I hope and pray that my old friends will come to their senses someday soon.

Bull!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I hurt many non JW family members when I became a JW by not celebrating anything with them. Now that I'm out my family relationships have improved a lot. In the 20 years I was a JW I never had any friends. Everyone in the congs seemed to be content to maintain the circle of friends they grew up with, and didn't seem to want to broaden that circle. It was hard, but it sure made leaving easier.

Walter

• blondie
    blondie

Friends

Anyone can stand by you when you are right, but a
    Friend will stand by you even when you are wrong...

A simple friend identifies himself when he calls.
    A real friend doesn't have to.

A simple friend opens a conversation with a full news bulletin on his life.
    A real friend says, "What's new with you?

A simple friend thinks the problems you whine about are recent.
    A real friend says, "You've been whining about the same thing for 14 years. Get off your duff and do something about it."

A simple friend has never seen you cry.
    A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.
    A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
    A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed.
    A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
    A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
    A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
    A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
    A real friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
    A real friend expects to always be there for you!

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Great timing, Blondie!

Regards,

Sam

• Sassy
    Sassy

I understand how you feel Paradise.. I lost many friends when I stopped being a JW...lost my mom too....

but I did gain back my dad........ironic to lose and gain simply by chosing/not chosing a religion

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Thankyou Blondie !

Great timing said Sam Beli?

But there is no timing with real friends and no song or poem. ( the words of a song are as E- revlevent as a Watchtower study)

When a person leaves the W:T it is a Private Hell. There is not a song.. or a cry of love...My question was can we still love former members?From our own words!!!

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Paradise Found,

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree with you that true friendship does not have conditions. When i was in the process of leaving, that was one of the things they tried using to reel me back in, even being reminded that I'm always welcomed as long as I make the right decision and stay in the org. It really didn't come as a surprise, I was fully aware of the consequences of taking such a decision.

I view things like you do...I still have love for my former friends and I view them as victims of this cult.

Nocturne

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm lucky that I had worldly friends when i left the borg. I am *still* friends with them 20 years later, but my Borg friends that I contacted back them do not reply to my emails when i tell them I don't believe any more. goes to show the extent of their love.

Country

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit