Are Jehovah's Witnesses Blessed?

by Kenneson 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The following quote is from the Watchtower, October 15, 1993, page 11:

"Spacious Kingdom Halls, expensive sound equipment, Assembly Halls, and attractive Bethel homes bring glory to God and offer a silent witness that he is blessing his people."

If this is true of Jehovah's Witnesses, should it not be equally true of Catholics, who through the centuries have constructed the Vatican as well as magnificent cathedrals? Protestants also have built beautiful and spacious churches. Yet Witnesses criticize the churches for their opulence and credit God's blessings for theirs. Go figure.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Wow!!! thats really in there?

sounds a little showy to me. pulling at straws to get others to come in, i guess.

sinamon

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Spacious Kingdom Halls

Yeah, but they don't have any windows. At least other churches have windows, even elaborate stained glass windows.... now who's blessed?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Just more of their typical hypocrisy, I wouldnt call it being blessed, Being a JW is more like a curse

Dave

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ever been in a Muslim mosque? Some of the most beautiful and spacious structures on the planet..God has surely blessed the followers of Muhammed. They are the most numerous surpassing Christiantiy last year..Who be blessed?

carmel

• Mary
    Mary
    "Spacious Kingdom Halls, expensive sound equipment, Assembly Halls, and attractive Bethel homes bring glory to God and offer a silent witness that he is blessing his people."

Geeze, if you measure Jehovah's blessings by how nice your place of worship is, I guess the Catholic Church and the Muslims must have God's blessings hands down!!

• proplog2
    proplog2

I think I prefer the spaciousness of a Zen garden. Did you ever see how high their ceilings are?

• franklin J
    franklin J

wow, kenneson, I agree with you on your assessment of the Catholic Church construction winning the prize.

The kingdom halls I have attended in the past are absolutely NOTHING architecturally compared to the magnificence of Catholic church building ( including the Vatican) through the centuries.

If Architectural greatness is any indication of the true god and his representation then the Catholics have the first class ticket....( but I suppose that was the purpose of building those churches all along....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit