JWD & Homebodies

by patio34 7 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Do you have anything in common with my opinion below?

I've been thinking about being social, and using this discussion board.

Since leaving the JWs, I've been more social with different people. After working all day, I really don't like to go out in the evenings. Then the weekends, it seems that I'm often busy with personal things and family, so don't care that much about going out then either. Plus, I really enjoy time in solitude for reading and other past-times.

But I've found this board to be an important part of interchange with people. I've gotten to know some of the posters too. Another thing I really like is the ability to drop in, discuss important issues, fun things, and anything really.

It doesn't demand that you go out at night, make idle small talk, or even leave home. It's perfect for filling out a need to be somewhat social.

I still do get involved in some social activities, but am careful to not get overbooked to where I'm feeling overtaxed with people. This board in particular is very important to me. I've looked at other boards, but just can't feel involved. But having met quite a few on here and feel as tho I know others, it just is perfect for me.

How do you feel?

Hugs,

Pat

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I never was one for the inane banter that was prevalent in Witness circles. Frankly I figure you talk if have something to say. This board is big enough that there's a little of everything.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Mark,

Inane banter was bad enough for JWs, but the "theocratic" conversations about the latest WT . . .

Pat

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

What's the difference?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey patio, how's sis doin?

carm

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Same here, after work I come right on to talk to my friends here. The last three weeks I've been laid up sick with a very bad bout of the gout.arthtitus thus I've been posting lots more, but I love being here amoung friends.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Im all Growed up last night, is she fine?

• dorothy
    dorothy

I absolutely love this board. I find the personalities of the others matches my own. It's like spending time with good friends without having to tidy up the house. BYOB

• Special K
    Special K

Hi there

I'm kind of like you. I have a somewhat busy life, home, family, etc...and I like droppin' in here with my coffee in hand.

Talesin, described it very well in one of her posts.

she described the forum like walking into a coffee shop, with different people at all the different tables.

some regulars, some new. You can pull yourself up to a table and participate in a conversation, if it isn't a particular conversation that interests you then you can go to another table.

And of course there are tables that I rarely ever sit down and have a coffee at because it just isn't my cup of tea.

That kind of describes it to me.

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit