Trigun.

by Obviously Secret 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Sorry to make another thread but I just had to make a comment about one of my favorite animes in the universe.

There's this anime (japanese cartoon) that tells a story about a guy that isn't much of a human, that goes by the name of Vash. He looks human and everything but he has special powers just hidden inside of him. His brother Knives is much like Vash but Knives is very different. Knives excepted alot of stuff about life. And made him cynical almost in his ways.

Earth has been abused and used to the fullest, so large groups of people left earth to search for a new place to live and grow. Human instinct I guess. Well one guy on the shuttle that is carrying one group of people has been seeing these two boys since their birth. And he didn't like them much since they grew up to look about 15 years old in just a year, so they got one guy hating them. This guy always abused both Vash and Knives, kicking them around, calling them monsters and freaks. This got to Knives more than Vash. Vash had his on support to keep his spirits up about human being.

Rem Saverem always talked to the boys about not killing other humans and treating all humans with love. She always talked about earth and how beautiful it was and everything. Knives studied how humans acted and over time he hated them because they were so much more primitive than how Knives and Vash were.

After a while Knives made his move. He got so sick and tired of humans that he planned to get rid of all their ships and kill all the humans. He was very keen on his powers and he could slightly control people's minds into doing things. He set up the ships to crash into a desert planet, thinking that they will all burn in the atmosphere. Rem Saverem sacraficed herself to change the ships back on course and some of the ships survived.

Fast forward 100 years. Civilizations are growing in this desert planet that they crashed on. They don't have much memory of earth or anything so they survive on the last few plants that kept them alive during the trip. Vash the Stampede still looks around 23 years old and still has his old attitude about things. He doesn't kill anybody because nobody has the right to take another person's life. He trained his gun skills to fight against Knives and his constant attacks on the people. He tries to help in every situation without having any casualties.

He was mistreated by a good, 99.9999999999% of the people that he met but he still kept Rem's words to his heart and kept his word, and to stop Knives and his constant attack on the people. He went through alot of stuff. Like seeing the only person that he loves in life die because of what his brother did. And being shot at and scared by everybody he meets. And having the whole world put a 60 billion dollar bounty on his head cause he is so powerful. Yet he still kept to himself and tried to be happy as much as possible and everything.

Long story short I suggest everybody try to look into this thing. It comes on cartoon network and it is very good.

However, one thing I wanna say though is that when I think about Vash and ALLLLL the crap that he was through, he still was fightin for everything and didn't believe in killing anybody and still tried to keep a cool head over things. He was so terribly hurt everytime he saw people die because of him going to those cities and having people try to kill them kill themselves in many cases. Yet he still tries to save the day and he ends up doin it.

These days I always like singing to myself the main theme song behind Trigun and it always gives me the boost as if like I can do anything. Really really REALLY cool show.

Whole lot of stuff in it would take me about 2 days to type it all.

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

Hey Obviously Secret, Trigun was truly my first Anime I got into. I had rented it from a video store for vhs and liked it alot and so went and bought the DVD. That was about 3-4 years ago. I really enjoyed the whole series with the moral behind it. How can a spider and its prey coexist if the spider must eat it to survive? But, Vash is always fighting that. I appreciated how it ended. I had several friends watch the show and when it ended they were disappointed. They wanted Vash to have killed Knives. I was blown away. I was thinking to myself, didn't you get the whole moral behind the show. Geez. And yet Vash still fought and won. He not only won with surviving but with not going against his beliefs. And I thank that show and other animes for giving me questions to ponder on. I think that helped with getting out of the troof. Great to find a Trigun fan. That show will be one of my all time favorites along with Kenshin. Oh, I have a friend that can play the intro song on his guitar. That song does get you going. :D

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Ya it's a very very cool show. My favorites from top to bottom is; Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, then Kenshiin then a whole bunch of mangas and different other things. Some of the best stories I ever heard. Woop almost any American movie's butt.

• Vash_The_Stampede_13
    Vash_The_Stampede_13

Trigun is one of my favorite animes (thus the name), me and my sister also get into the Trigun mangas (And my mother has a Kuro Neko Sama stuffed toy ) . I also like ?Outlaw Star?, ?Dragonball Z?, ?Pet Shop of Horrors?, ?Boys over Flowers?, ?Under the Glass Moon?, ?Inuyasha?, and a lot of other awesome stories. I?d stay on longer and talk to you but I have to go to bed. My mom says I can come back on tomorrow. Have a nice night. www.ladyhawke8390.deviantart.com ß ----- This is my art gallery, take a look if you please.

Love And Peace

Vash The Stampede

• Cassandra Cain
    Cassandra Cain

I love Vash!! I can't decide weather I want to marry him or wolfwood... perhaps I shall just marry them both! I watched the entire Trigun Series, and I have just started to delve into the comic books, I wish I knew how to read Kanji better because this Japanese Mall I like to visit has all the books! But they are in Kanji and there is no English translations to be found (if you know of any please let me know ^_^). Here is a link to my Gallery as well http://harleenquinzel.deviantart.com (I see my lil'sis left a link to her's, isn't she awesome?) I would love to stay and chat but I am off to bed, send me a pm if you like. Goodnight! ^_~

~Cassandra Cain~

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

lol I like Meryl alot for some real reason. Like her story and stuff. I only got the first manga of Trigun. Waiting for all the Trigun Maximums to come out. Gonna be so cool. Good to see some anime fans out there.

• Xander
    Xander

Oh, no, no, no. None of those are any good.

'The Big O'

Trust me, this pwns ALL other anime. It's not so much the theme (big robot fighting bad guys - pretty common), but the *style*. It's done in a very, VERY film noir fashion - the entire series! It just smacks of...I dunno, crazy style.

Plus, the interaction with Roger and Dorothy is just priceless.

(To be fair, I did some of 'Cowboy Bebop' - I did NOT like the kid, though. The stories centered on Spike and his background were VERY interesting, the rest of it was very 'meh'.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit