Are JW's going to heaven?

by Obviously Secret 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I just thought of that question while I was reading the thread about the farmer and the wolf. I've read that illustration many times; people love it. Anywho, I was just wondering if you guys think people with "bad hearts" are going to heaven? Once you think about it, it's really hard or near immpossible for a person to totally avert from what they been taught all their lives. Like in slavery times, everybody, and I mean everybody really though Blacks were lower individuals. Some more than others but heh most felt that way. Alot of those people believed in christianity I presume and they really thought that they were going to heaven in a way, but they had slaves and they treated them terribly. Now I'm not God but I don't know sometimes. Just seems terrible to kill a person or send them to hell burning in pain for forever just because they been around some kind of hatred all their lives.

Now let's look at the JWs. Really we are taught to hate what is bad. The wicked is bad so we should hate them. That's kind of, heh on the unchristian-like side but heh ya get what I mean. We're supposed to enjoy the death of billions of people at Armaggedon (which alot of other christians seem to enjoy sometimes also.). And different other things. Now hearing that ALL your life and being molded to think that anything opposite is terrible well I mean can't help but be that way. Should they die or burn in hell for FOREVER!!!! just cause they were born that way? I dunno sometimes.

Look at the muslim world. America is painted as a terrible TERRIBLE place. They are taught from birth that America should burn to a crisps. I mean it's pretty hard to totally disregard that and run blindly towards "true christianity" (if there is such a thing these days) when they hear that "true christianity" is the devil himself. Do they deserve to burn in hell for forever? I dunno, I feel that they shouldn't just me.

Just wanted to incite a bit of imitation of God into everybody just for a little bit. Do you think JWs or the people in slavery times should really burn in hell for forever, or if you believe lose out on everlasting life just because they were born in the wrong place at the wrong time?

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hi Obviously Secret:

We as humans like to pigeon hole people into categories: really good, so so good, a little bad, really bad, etc. Jesus, however, placed everything on a very different scale. He taught that we are ALL sinners and as such have no place in judging others. We're all equally screwed so to speak.

He also made it clear that HE was the only way ("no one comes to the father except through me") and that to see the Kingdome of God you must be born again (John chapter 3). Does that mean you have to accept in this life? I don't know - perhaps many of us who have been raised/brainwashed in certain ways will have an opportunity to meet Jesus even at death so as to know the real truth and then make a decision.

I don't believe that any one denomination or church is the ONLY way - I believe what the bible taught - that Jesus himself is the ONLY way. One man - not a church or organization. Church is supposed to be the "body of Christ" here on earth - a light to the world - but not our doorway to heaven. That doorway comes only through Jesus and a personal relationship with him.

So to answer your question "Are JW's going to heaven" - I do believe there are JW's who have been born again, who love Jesus and have accepted him as their savior but who are lost and misguided. Yes, I believe these people are going to heaven. I feel for these ones as they are living a very tough life right now and are not able to experience the joy that he wanted for his church.

However - for those who know something is wrong with the doctrines or the organization but continue to stay and preach to others so as not to "rock the boat" - they may be in for a rude awakening as Gal 1:8 clearly states that if ANYONE preaches a gospel other than the one taught in the bible by the apostles then they would be condemned. The JW's are clearly teaching a different gospel - some of them are aware of that and are condemning themselves. Others are not aware of it and I believe will be shown mercy.

Bottom line is - I don't believe that anyone will go to hell that doesn't deserve to be there. God doesn't make mistakes - we may not understand the reason behind things or may not agree with what his decisions are, but I have faith that in the end he will make everything right.

• boa
    boa

well, since I don't believe in heaven or hell or even a god right now.....my answer would be uhhhh no, unless you believe a certain physical 'bliss' is heaven lol (i do)

boa

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I dunno sometimes, people say "leave it in god's hands" alot. However just wonderin who really is going to heaven.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    I do believe there are JW's who have been born again, who love Jesus and have accepted him as their savior but who are lost and misguided. Yes, I believe these people are going to heaven. I feel for these ones as they are living a very tough life right now and are not able to experience the joy that he wanted for his church.

There are JWs that are born again they are the FDS. So you just said the 8000+ anointed are going to heaven all other jws are screwed. Hmm the watchtower tells you that. They just say getting screwed will put a smile on your face.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

gratz on the 600th psycho.

Just kiddin.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yeah, 144,000 of them.

But what were they called before Jehovahs Witnesses back in 33 CE.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Universal salvation! You betcha, but they're gonna be pissed when they find out they're left cleaning my windows in my "mansion"!

carmel

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

It would be fun if they were, as they don't expect to...

Reminds me of a joke: one newcomer in heaven visiting the place and being shown a small closed room: "Please don't open, there are the Darbyists (sp?), they're sure they're alone."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit