Have Y'all Seen the new US Nickel???

by ohiocowboy 6 Replies latest social current

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks to the Westward Journey Nickel Series ® , America is seeing the first changes for the nickel in 66 years...not just ONE new design, but TWO in 2004 alone! The new designs will take their turns on the back of the nickel, while the front stays the same as on nickels from 2003 and before.

I think these look nice.....I always hated the Monticello on the back, as it always reminds me of how Jefferson had his Slave's Pet Dogs Killed there, because he felt there were too many running around. Maybe he shoulda concentrated more on his own illegitimate children that were running around......

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What is deal with the Lewis & Clark expedition? We had Sacagewea on the dollar coin and now it's on the new nickel as well as the Louisiana Purchase. Good grief.

Why not honor someone who did something for this country, like Martin Luther King?

• jgnat
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge
    What is deal with the Lewis & Clark expedition?

It's the 200th year commemoration (bi-centinneal).

Why not honor someone who did something for this country

During this time, the exploration of the unknown territory was HUGE ... it was like the first mission into outer space. It extended the knowledge of the territory of our country from ocean to ocean. A few years later, the westward movement began.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I understand.

Yet this makes 3 different designs on 2 separate coins to commemorate the same event. I do not to stir up political waters, but I would think the civil rights movement is at least, if not more, important to this country than the Lewis & Clark expedition.

Chris

• Special K
    Special K

The top picture looks like an

AXE and a GOLF CLUB.

lol

Special K

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would love to see E Pluribus Enum put back on the coins.

This is the national motto and represents what America is all about: Many different people and cultures coming together to form a single country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit