How I defeat the JW's

by Atilla 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Well, yesterday sure was interesting. I had my JW parents over to my house for a party along with my mom's JW sister. There was a steet festival going on in my town called Jubillee Day so my wife and I invited friends from work and some relatives on her side of the family as well. One of the friends I decided to invite was a DF'd girl from my old KH who now lives in the area. She was DF'd like two years ago for apostasy and my dad was one of the elders on the Judicial Committee that DF'd her. So, it was exciting to watch, my JW parents and this DF'd girl along with other worldly people all in my house congregating together, I loved it. Hey, and the DF'd girl and my parents actually talked together and were cordial.

In addition, when we walked through the street festival with my parents, we stopped at a John Kerry booth, got a bumper sticker, my parents didn't say a word. On the way back to the house, my wife and I stopped and took a tour through a new Non-Denominational church (we just wanted to see how they had fixed up the old church), my parents didn't say a word.

How is this possible? I possess the ultimate bargaining chip, my 2 year old son. Is this right or just what has to be done in order to level the playing field?

• franklin J
    franklin J

I think it is great your son will have the benefit of knowing his grandparents....why would he question anything?

Your parents are wise enough to know that they will sacrifice the affections of their grandchild for some miniscule religious teachings about apostasy or what ever. Even if they consider their visits with you and him a "matter of conscience"; no matter to you. Your son benefits.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Good for you mate.The bastards have my family held hostage, so my chip is my website: www.DannyHaszard.com

How I defeat the JW's. undaunted Danny

• stichione
    stichione

It is probably a strong sign that your parents are not militant hard-liner and may look the other may for quite a few things.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Similar situation here with my MIL.

Word of caution though. Don't think for one second they will not try to recruit your son in due time.

My husband and I are happy his mom loves our son and comes to see him, but we will not allow her to spend any time with him out of our presence.

So far this has worked out for us and he's 1 and a half.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit