The Waiting Game...

by Sentinel 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

As most of you know, my ever-faithful sweet little JW mom (79) has had prior scheduled surgeries called off at the last minute. She called me Tuesday evening(6/15) to advise me her open heart surgery was back on--for "today" (6/17) She resides over a thousand miles away and is actively shunning her non-JW offspring. Not much notice, and none of her children will be with her in person. We are all with her in our hearts.

I listened to what my heart told me, and I phoned her last night and then again this morning before I left for work. I know she was happy that I called. At her age, having a valve replaced and triple by-pass is quite serious. At least, aside from being anemic, she says they tell her she is healthy. Turns out she does not have the bleeding disorder called "Von Willebrand". (She misunderstood her doctor....and that seems to happen alot.)

It's so difficult being here at work, watching the clock tick so slowly. She's probably on the operating table at this moment 11:35AM.... going under. She will sleep the sleep and at this point, if she passes, she will be facing another part of her journey. We have to be prepared. I won't hear anything for another four hours. My brother will get a direct call from the surgeon, and then he will advise each of us.

Keep my mom in your hearts. We realize we have no control. But love and compassion is a healing thing.

/<

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

She'll be in my thoughts. I don't think a triple by-pass is never serious at any age.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

(((Sentinel))) not knowing and having to wait for news is horrible. You are in my thoughts

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

((Viv)) Thanks sweetie.

Truthseeker, Thanks! It's always good to be positive.

Going under for anything, is still a risk. With her JW blood issues, her age, bleeding history and anemia, she is a very high risk surgery.

/<

• Sassy
    Sassy

((((((((Sentinel)))))))))) you and your mom are definately in our hearts.. Please keep us updated as to how she does

• Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit