the Movie "Roots"

by rekless 4 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

In 1977 if you are black how did that movie affect your attitude with whites with in the congregation and outside the congregation in field service. how did whites treat you.or were there any changes at all with friendships. I'm not trying to open old wounds, as a white,the movie did affect the interactions of the whites and blacks in Mississippi and in Northern California, as I have mention I'm writing a book and would appreciated any feed back. I've read Randy's work concerning the black issue within the WTS from a third person's advantage. thank you dan

• Satanus
    Satanus

A bit off topic, but i think it could give a good lesson to white people - what are our roots?

S

• rekless
    rekless

sorry, I thought I clicked on the new topic button and not the reply to an old topic.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Satanus, I don't know if it would work but probably you can find some of your origins back in your family tree and research what your parents parents parents...................... were all about.

Lol I think I'm the only black person that never saw "Roots". I don't know my roots from before 1920. Hmm... ya pretty much don't oh well. I kind of don't wanna know that my origins are from a tribe that's bear naked and eat their enemies.

• rekless
    rekless

I guess what I want is people that lived through the cilval rights movement into the became JWs then their reaction to the movie and how it affected their relationships within the organization; therefore, one would have to be age wise of 40s - 60's. thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit