Have jws ever tried any novel witnessesing approaches?

by badboy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

eg. Youth outreaches etc etc like the churches.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The most logical thing for them, of course, would be the mass media -- radio and television -- especially if they really believe that the fate of billions hinges on the acceptance of their message (and I personally wonder whether they really do) . But, as presidential candidates Kerry and Bush recognize, exposure of that kind is very expensive -- and spending money is anathema to them.

There is a thread begun here recently that says they've begun radio advertising, and given their aversion to spend, I think it's an indication of just how worried they are about the slackening off of the dubbies in the house-to-house work and what that portends for their future.

• edge3
    edge3

No. Door to door lying and informal lying have worked pretty well for them so far. Why change. ;-)

• New Castles
    New Castles

I've seen television commercials too...how to protect the young people

• Room 215
    Room 215

Besides the money issue, I know that they worry that, once the message gets on the television, many dubbies will slacken off further, as the burden on them to ``get the life-saving message out" is lessened.

• franklin J
    franklin J

When I was a full time pioneer; we used to get up at 5:00AM while it was still dark out to start our time going to the commuter railroad stations and leaving magazines with the commuters into New York City. Poor people were so tired at that hour they all stood around like corpses. Of course, no one wanted to be bothered with us; much less show any interest.

Ironically, years later I would become one of those commuters. Never did see any "dedicated pioneers" at that hour though. And if I did; I would have probably ignored anyway.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The closest I ever came to social work while a dub was, while at Bethel, to give talks to derelicts at a Bowery flop house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit