Another mother kills her children....

by desib77 3 Replies latest social current

• desib77
    desib77

This is so horrible......

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040615_247.html

It seems like over recent years it is just becoming way too common for a mother to kill her children....It is sickening. I wish something could be done to make this stop happening.....maybe if we started punishing the mothers more strongly instead of allowing them to get easier sentences based on insanity defenses then this would stop happening as frequently....I don't know, but I wish it would stop. It is so sad.

Desi

• nilfun
  • desib77
    desib77
    Same could be said for fathers, couldn't it?

You have a point. I guess mother's stand out the most to me because I can't see how a woman can kill something that she gave birth to......but it is a problem with both parents.

I wish there was a solution. It is so sad.

• waiting
    waiting

I strongly feel this is a mental/emotional problem much more than giving "stiffer sentences."

My daughter had a baby 3 months ago. During the first week after birth, she was depressed somewhat (I would too with the pain & discomfort she was going through).

When she visited her Dr., the Dr. sternly (but lovingly) told her to be back within one week. If she was still crying.......she was on meds whether my daughter wanted to or not. Period. They are friends btw. The Dr. said "We don't look lightly at mothers crying anymore."

I think that a great step in the right direction. Now if mothers only knew (and would) go to the doctor before tragedy happened. It's a known issue that women tend to be quiet about such things.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit