by Huxley 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Huxley
    Huxley

http://realultimatepower.net/

This is funnier than it sounds.

Huxley

• roybatty
    roybatty

Ok, the only way that could possibly be funny is if you've been drinking.

• Huxley
    Huxley

Well it's not Jacques Tati, but c'mon.........ninjas!

Huxley

(No more pale ales tonight...)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Yeah, that's the kind of view you would have if you knew ninjas only from, like, video games.

I will always treasure the day when my (then) 14-year-old son asked the fatal question, "Who are ninjas, anyway? and why did they always pop out of the woodwork and attack people?" Our county library had six weeks' worth of reading on ninjas and ninjutsu.

As I remember it, the ninja were a countercultural paramilitary movement. Their techniques included rigorous psychological discipline and self-analysis. Because they were locked out of the power structure, their weapons were mostly homemade.

Wikipedia: ninja, ninjutsu

History of ninjutsu

A Croatian (!) page on ninjutsu

GentlyFeral

• Huxley
    Huxley

Gently,

That's pretty cool that you took the time to answer your kid's curiousity with actual knowledge from the local library.

Unfortunately for me, most of my childhood ninja knowledge came from movies similar to this...

..and video games.

Huxley

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Shinobi arts are not to be taken lightly...

• avishai
    avishai

ROTFLMAO!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Huxley,

That's pretty cool that you took the time to answer your kid's curiousity with actual knowledge from the local library.

We were homeschooling, and they always had intelligent questions - I never had to write curriculum.

Oh yeah, there was the time when my daughter (then about five) asked me if sheep could swim; she said her (kindergarten) teacher didn't know. I couldn't find any information at the library, so I ended up calling a local veterinarian. (They can, but if they haven't been sheared recently the weight of water in their fleece may pull them under and drown them.)

Fortunately, the kids never caught on, so the questions kept coming.

GentlyFeral

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I'll play as long as I don't put out Butter's eye with my shurikan.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit