Didn't go to assembly last weekend

by M@el5trom 8 Replies latest jw friends

• M@el5trom
    M@el5trom

This marks the first time my wife and I didn't go to the District Convention by choice (one other time we missed all three days due to illness). My wife was sick this weekend, but we would not have gone anyways. We probably would have gone camping this weekend if she wasn't sick and it wasn't raining all weekend. The sickness may make for a good excuse if my parents start inquiring, though.

I really feel like I should tell them why I didn't go, but I don't know if that is wise. I don't think I'm ready for a big confrontation - maybe with them, but nobody else (elders, etc.)

I would like to know, if anyone did go, what the releases were this year. I heard one was a brochure along the lines of the Require brochure.

Thanks for listening,

Mael

• Special K
    Special K

hi Mael

Welcome to the forum if I haven't already welcomed you.

Wish your wife would have been feeling better over the weekend and you both could have gone camping.

Camping sounds like a whole nicer way to get closer to creation than sitting on a chair in an auditorium in the heat listening to untruths.

I don't know what the new releases were and I guess I am many years out of the J.W.'s to even consider any of their publications of any interest to me.

I'm sure someone might know what the new release is and will post about sometime soon.

all the best as you exit the borg.

sincerely

Special K

• Purza
    Purza

The releases were posted a while ago -- perhaps you can find them by looking back (I am not sure how to send a link).

I had a friend who went for "the sake of her kids" (whatever that means). She said they really came down hard on the internet -- especially the internet dating scene where JWs meet other JWs.

Purza

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Welcome to the board. Since I've never been a dub, I haven't a clue what happened at the last Assembly (thank God, Jehovah). Stick with the board.... you'll get some great insight in how to handle "things". Hope your wife gets well soon.

D.E.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne
    The releases were posted a while ago -- perhaps you can find them by looking back (I am not sure how to send a link).

I had a friend who went for "the sake of her kids" (whatever that means). She said they really came down hard on the internet -- especially the internet dating scene where JWs meet other JWs.

Now for god sakes, they have problems with everything. So, this poor single brother or sister can't find anyone else around where (s)he lives, they can't date "worldy" people, and now they can't use a jw website so that they could meet other jws. Good thing I just came out of the organization cause there would have gone all the fun with jwmatch.com

• Purza
    Purza

I agree Nocturne. I mean I was single while I was in the org. and I couldn't find anyone!!! (thank god I didn't find anyone). If you go to another congregation the "eligible" brothers KNOW why you are there. It is pathetic. Getting rid of the internet dating thing is just another control factor. I would bet it will still be an active site.

Purza

• Quotes
    Quotes

M@el5trom, welcome to a lifetime of using your summer weekends the way YOU want to use them.

Congratulations. I hope the weather was particularly lovely for your first, uh, jail-break! ;)

~Quotes, of the "Renovate My Home on Weekends" class, "Home Depot" anti-type.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    She said they really came down hard on the internet -- especially the internet dating scene where JWs meet other JWs.

Again.

That was probably a rehashed talk relative to last year's "beware the Voice of Strangers" talk.

The more they tighten their grip, the more peopole slip through their fingers.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

you arent hardcore till you miss the memorial!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit