Things I've Learned This Week...

by CeriseRose 1 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I've had a difficult week, fraught with one problem after another. This is what I've learned:

• the network/router gods get mad if you beat them at their own game and will work in collusion with the printer gods to screw you over bad.
    • 10 years of maintaining my work printer + 1 year of being out of the job = complete meltdown of my brain to remember that when you replace the colour toner, you need to replace the black toner as an acceptable sacrifice to the printer gods
    • never replace toner and drivers for your printer at the same time
    • always look on Amazon.com for printer toner before spending $100 at Staples (can take that back, thank goodness!)
    • a credit card "customer service" agent in the hand is worth a least two yelling matches and should be washed off with astringent soap and boiling water immediately. possibly treated for mad cow disease too.
    • a credit card "customer service" agent's manager can be reasoned with
    • going to a credit card "customer service" executive director/vp is a really good threat to use in order to reason with the aforementioned manager
    • any vague problem your client brings you can be quickly and easily dealt with by asking them to explain themselves. repeatedly if necessary.
    • there is always someone worse off than me, even if it doesn't feel like it
    • cats will always repay you for getting a really good (aka 8 uninterrupted hours) night's sleep by making sure your next night is no longer than 4 hours, with several interruptions in between
    • kicking your cats out to get some sleep will result in endless scratching at the door, keeping you awake anyway
    • cats do not understand that they don't get treats for being bad. they don't.
    • coffee is nectar of the gods. literally
    • poetry is the panacea of the soul

and the most important thing I learned this week:

• I have friends, who selflessly listen and do their best to help me. Thank you all.
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Cerise, that was a really good recap - thanks for the good start to my morning! Hahahahahahaha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit