OK Valis, you beat me this time

by Black Sheep 1 Replies latest social physical

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I admit it, Valis is a better angler than I am, but we still had a helluva lot of fun.

alt

The fish are what we call Kahawai and are just as scrappy as a comparable sized trout.

alt

This isn't the biggest one today, but it is a good size for the pan. The biggest one I have ever caught was about 6lb and I back hooked it and used it for a live bait for kingfish, but that was in a very special place, not around here and not at this time of year.

alt

Only four Kahawai caught by the two of us, but this is only five minutes drive to the ramp and five minutes from the ramp to our spot. The fishing is tough at this time of year, so we are happy to have them.

The two little fish are piper and we usually use them as live bait, but the meat is really sweet so I caught a couple for breakfast.

alt

The weather was fabulous and it was really nice just to be out here. We didn't even bother to turn the radio on. It would have just spoiled the tranquility.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Dear Black Sheep

Whilst not into fishing personally I immensely enjoyed seeing your pictures as this gives me a better insight into how you while away the hours in your spare time, the last photograph especially I fell in love with and before I even read your description of tranquility I thought to myself how tranquil the scenery looks there, very beautiful indeed, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Tell me please. Valis, what is he up to, he was supposed to pm me to let me know what time his flight is arriving in the uk so that I could drive the 350 miles to Gatwick International to pick him up, only I've had to reorganise my day now because I don't know what is going on, he's a right royal pain in the arse.

What a note to finish on!!

All the best to you with my kindest regards and warmest wishes.

Celtic Mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit