Did you read this court case ?

by jwsons 1 Replies latest jw friends

• jwsons
  • imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

jwsons -

Great info! I actually came across this a few months ago, and found it interesting as well! I did a little checking on it, and although I came up with something different than you, one thing I did find out, (which I thought was interesting), was how amicus curiae briefs filed at the Supreme Court level work. I only share this because I think understanding how this works underscores the significance of the exact nature of the relationship between the WTBTS and these "friends" of theirs!

What I found out is that an amicus curiae (aka: "Friend of the Court" or "Friend of Either Party to the case") brief can not even be filed at the Supreme Court level without the express permission of the party on whose behalf they are filing AND The Supreme Court itself. Second of all, it is my understanding that when a petitioner allows a third party to file an amicus curiae brief on their behalf, they do so knowing that they are required to give up some of their argument time in front of the court to the third-party filer. This may not sound significant, but when a case is argued at The Supreme Court level, each side is only allowed 2 hours to present their case! When you look at the number of amicus curiae briefs that were filed on behalf of the WTBTS, and take into consideration the amount of precious time the WT had to give up for their "acquaintances", I think it speaks volumes as to just how "friendly" they are with these other religions and frightening groups! There is no doubt about it in my mind -- this was definitely a group effort amongst "friends"! Hmmm... smells an awful lot like the U.N. scandal to me..... what do you think?!!!

Oh! The tangled web they continue to weave...........!

Great find, jwsons!!!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit