The rights of the WTBS vs the rights of those who doubt their claims.

by El blanko 5 Replies latest jw friends

• El blanko
    El blanko

I had an interesting chat(?) last night with two friends who were involved with the WTBS and active JWs. The one desires to return and the other appears to defend the WTBS, whilst having a very unusual set of beliefs that are tacked onto the JW dogma. So, both parties are still mentally "down the hall" (so to speak).

What I notice time and time again, is that collectively one comes under attack when daring to prod the society with the "pointy stick of scorn", even when the scorn has certain merit.

I know this is not unusual, as many have expressed the same thoughts here from time to time.

One area we did discuss, which started to ruffle my feathers was the issue of the JW mindset considering itself as an authority on other's faiths and beliefs. Of course, in past times after reading "Mankind's Search For God", I too considered myself an authority of sorts and would happily engage a Muslim say, and believe within myself that I had enough information to shoot his/her faith down in flames.

How arrogant and disrespectful to take this mental approach, that one small book is enough to understand a man's life and that I felt well equipped to rap on his door with an assured indignation to go on the attack based around the WTBS program of learning.

I am not suggesting for a moment that I asborb and believe faith and ideas from every source, but what I assert to the ones who monitor my posts whom I know, is this:

You express collectively a spirit in my considered opinion that runs contrary to the faith that you profess to defend and honour. During our discussions we rarely consider the example of Christ and simply focus upon the name of Jehovah. In my reading of the Gospels the name of Jesus is elevated above and beyond the name of Jehovah and the God who is supposed to be focused upon during this time period by practising Christians is Jesus.

Thank-you for letting me vent.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Regarding

the JW mindset considering itself as an authority on other's faiths and beliefs

I will back you up on that. Any sincere study of Buddhism will show up the fact that Gautama beat Jesus to the punch by 500 years.

Have you ever noticed your view is completely distorted when you are on the inside of a bubble?

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Have you ever noticed your view is completely distorted when you are on the inside of a bubble?

Excellent thought.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

JC said willful liars are in kinship with satan and recieve eternal damnation (Rev 21:8) ever notice that this verse # 8 about liars is just 4 verses past the "new earth" passage that dubs quote ad naseum? Quote from the Clint Eastwood flick;'outlaw Josey Wales' I all ask is that you;" don't Peeingpiss down my back and tell me it's raining"

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

off topic.. but danny.. your post above was post # 666 of 666 .. your the debil! LOL j/k

on topic...... its been said many times before.. we are brought into the "truth" encouraged to ask questions of former beliefs but once in asking questions of the JW faith is apostacy or lack of faith. its really sad and that and the lack of love is really hurting the WTBS and countless people.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The real deal / My quest for the "truth" For all puritan truth seekers finding out that you have erred, should be as exciting as finding the nuggets of truth.

STAND UP TO SCRUTINY '' WATCHTOWER'' !

BE AN ANCHOR FOR THE TRUTH , NOT ESOTERIC ENIGMAS

1 THESS 5 : 21 .... ."test everything"...

1 JOHN 4 : 1 ...."test the inspired expression to see if it is from God,for many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

Compare : DUET. 18 : 20 and GALATIANS 1 : 8

undaunted Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit