On someone's doorstep and.......help !

by blobby 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• blobby
    blobby

Anyone had the experience of nervously knocking on someone's door and talking about a "topic" and the householder has misunderstood why your there !

My experience:

Was on the door telling the householder about local politcs and how they all were the same in their views and that no party has the solution to end the problems we face etc etc. With the intention of enlightening him with the "real solution", embarrasingly for me he assumed I was representing one of these parties and started to give me his political views.......problem was he wouldn't let me get a word in to try to explain. After about 5 minutes of listening to him rambling on I felt sorry for him because I was now there under false pretences......."how do I get out of this mess ?", didn't want to disappoint him.

"I know !"..................... WatchTower to the rescue, just pulled one from my bag, the door slammed and I didn't have to explain a thing, thank God for small mercies.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

LOL! Great story!

growedup

• happehanna
    happehanna

That story rang a bell with me, householders often used to get the wrong end of the stick with me.

I was out on the min a few years back and offered the watchtower and awake?

the woman said she didn't have a weight problem ?

she thought I said would she like to watch her weight?

I had garbled it so quickly it had sounded like that.........ooops

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

hh,

I was on FS with a guy. He presented the magazines in his garlbled way. The householder must have tried reading the magazines upside down and shouts into the house, "anyone here want to buy the Watchmaker or A-Make?" We didn't bother to explain we weren't selling craft magazines.

Another time I walked upto a door and it opened immeadiately and I heard, "come on in Doctor, she's upstais." I had to explain I wasn't the doctor (although I once stayed in a Holiday Inn Express) and not bother them any further. I know many JWs would have used the opportunity to sell their religion on the theme of sickness and death but I felt it better to apologise and leave.

3rd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit