I made it!!!

by Evesapple 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

100 miles in Lake Tahoe on my mountain bike...next year it will definetly be a road bike. It was one of the most awesome experiences of my life! I have a detailed synopsis of the day...click on my website at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/steinberg-160224 and then go to diary and click on June 6/Lake Tahoe- 100 mile

I read one of the threads relating to someone 'fading out' and someone had suggested joining a group or club for some sort of support....well this is it....if you are athletic, or, even if you're not and just want to get into shape and want some training...etc....join Team In Training....you'll realise there are a lot of very good people in the world that try to do good for others.....it's a great learning experience all the way around. I enjoy endurance sports, but I will never do another long distance anything unless it's via Team in Training.....enjoy! I'll post pictures next Monday when they're all developed on a disc.

People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.
    Be kind anyway.
    If you are honest, people may cheat you.
    Be honest anyway.
    If you find happiness, people may be jealous.
    Be happy anyway.
    The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
    Do good anyway.
    Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
    Give your best anyway.
    For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
    It never was between you and them anyway.

n Mother Teresa

• simplesally
    simplesally

Congratulations and I love that quote from Mother Teresa! Thanks for posting that.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congrats - it really is awesome to do a long ride.

• Princess
    Princess

You rode a mountain bike? I assumed it was a road bike. Awesome job and congratulations on an amazing accomplishment.

I bet your hands are still vibrating.

Rachel

• Carmel
    Carmel

how many cc's does your Yamaha have?

caveman

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow how did I miss this one!

Congrats Eva! That is so awesome!! I remember how I felt and reading your experience brought it all back to me.

You did good and most importantly it was a good cause! Good for you!

Kate

• desib77
    desib77

CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment!

Desi

• Special K
    Special K

Good Job...

SK

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Thanks everyone! I will be posting pictures tomorrow...I'll send the update once I get them back from Walgreens :)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yeah!! I would love to see the pics!

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit