Farrakhan/Ja Rule Interview

by Ariell 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariell
    Ariell

I don't know if this interview has been brought up before, but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/j/ja_rule/news_feature_031103/index2.jhtml

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ja Rule was raised as a Witness too? Gosh darn.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Really great quote:

Ja Rule: A little bit. I always felt like a loner because I was by myself a lot. My grandma and grandpa, Ed and Mama Cherry, helped out tremendously. They did a lot for me as a youngster. But here's where things got twisted: Being a Jehovah's Witness, it's a very strict religion and they have something called "disfellowshipping" or "disassociating" if you do something outside their beliefs. And they have a lot of beliefs that are hard on kids, hard on human beings. You can't hang with worldly people, people outside Jehovah's, and so my mom got disassociated from it because she liked to go out with her co-workers and have a drink or two. They found this out and disfellowshipped my mom. This devastated her because the whole congregation wouldn't talk to her. That's how they do it. It's like they banish you. They won't talk to you, not even your family. So my grandmother and grandfather, her parents and her brother, stopped speaking to my mother. This really made me hate the religion. How can a religion tear apart family?

I didn't get involved. Now I'm successful and she's still disfellowshipped, but everyone comes around. You know, if it took my success to put my family back together, so be it. I'm not one to be, like, stay away. I love to see my family together. Family's what life is about. So I'm happy that now my mother's brother gives her a call every now and then. Everybody is so friendly, and I'm not gonna say it's all because I am successful, but that has something to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit