how many days?

by itsallgoodnow 8 Replies latest jw friends

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Ok, so we've probably all heard before that someone out there has done a study calculating about how much time we will have spent in our lives sitting at red lights and it comes to about a year? - well, I've got one for you.

Try calculating about how many days you have spent at circuit/district conventions in your life, assuming there were 3 for circuit every year, and 3 or 4 for district every year. I can't remember the year it switched to from 4 down to 3. This number is bigger than you might think, especially if you were raised as a JW.

Mine is more than 7 months, can you imagine? If this was all consecutive, I would be in a straight jacket somewhere.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I've never had those consecutivley and already, I had to be taken out with a straightjacket. More on that on a later post.

• desib77
    desib77

133 days

Desi

(Plus I think when I was a baby there were like week long conventions - didn't include those)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This one's hard for me to calculate. I can't remember when I started going to conventions, and which ones I attended fully. The same goes for Assemblies. However, I'll assume from 1990 (the year my dad started studying) until 1997 (a year before I started fading).

Adds up to 336 hours. If divided into 24 hour days, 14 in total.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

136 days for me about, Which is 4.5 months

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

5 months for me.

Imagine if we counted up the time we spent on meetings and field service?.

If I spent that time working and saving the money I spent on theocratic activities? I could probably retire now.

Walter

• zev
    zev

9 months!

ulgh!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I got jumped in at 3, and out by 20. For me, it's almost a year combining meetings, service, and conventions, with conservative estimates, because in my earlier years, conventions lasted longer than 3 days, although I don't remember how long exactly.

CG

• Badger
    Badger

20 years of dubdom...

they went to three days in '92 for good. = 68 days.

plus circuit assemblies = another 68 days.

total: 136 days, about 4 and a half months.

Just for fun, Pioneering two 1/2 years:

2500 hours (I did it in the old school days)

102 days.

ARE YOU $#!++!%& me?

I don't feel so bad now about playing Madden for 11 hours straight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit