Lord of The Rings,- in Type and Antitype

by BluesBrother 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Having just obtained a new Dvd , this got me thinking as to how one may apply the "meaning" of a long and detailed story to almost anything . If you wanted to, you could see the following "Prophetic patterns", quite easily

Frodo and loyal Samwise clearly represent the anointed remnant and their faithfull companions, the great crowd as they journey through this earthly existence of this old system(Middle Earth). Samwise has no pretention to be the anointed or the ringbearer although he carries it for a while, only to faithfully return it to Frodo

Gandalf

. in his first mode of being, he is Gandalf the Grey. A superior being in human form who is clearly in the service of a higher power, and who commissions Frodo and Samwise to fulfill their task . After his willing sacrifice of his life to the balrog dragon, he is ressurected with even more power and authority and leads the righteous people of Middle Earth to victory in the final battle to rid the land of evildoers. The comparisom with Jesus Christ is evident for all to see.

Sauron

, the evil lord who strives to gain ultimate power, and harasses and opposes Frodo and Samwise ,and leads his hordes in a final battle with Gandalf's army must symbolise Satan the devil

Saruman

answers to Sauron and creates an army of evil fighters called the Uruk Hai who stand against the forces of good. Evidently a typical pattern of the demon hordes that support Satan the devil and give him his power

Gollum

. An evil, treacherous, doubletonged, miss shapen creature that purports to befriend Frodo and Samwise but all the time is plotting their downfall. Clearly the Evil slave class of false christian apostates (who lurk in such dark and dank musty places as the internet ) and are given to "Unclean exhalations", are portrayed here

For a brief time the faithful Frodo is rendered helpless into a state of deathlike inactivity after encountering the Shelob spider that cocoons him in a coma like state of deathlike inactivity. This must represent That time in 1918 - 1919 when the anointed remnant were led astray, and imprisoned by the World Powers under the influence of Babylon the Great and could no longer carry out their comission, for a short while.

Aragorn

. Under the righteous administration after the final battle has been won. "Princes will rule in justice" as appointed by the heavenly Greater Gandalf

The fellowship of the ring

, All the arrangements of The Geat God and Jesus christ to facilitate the passage, and outworking of His grand universal purpose.This might even include the kindly disposed rulers of this earthly estate, and 'honest hearted' officials, who at times have upheld justice for the anointed and the great crowd, thus hindering the wicked one's evil designs

The Ring

The spritual estate of divine favour bestowed uoun and enrusted to the faithful remnant. this gives unlimited power in that none are able to prevent it's ultimate success. . It's being cast into the furnaces of Mt Doom result not in it's destruction but a refiners fire that stengthens and empowers it for all eternity.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

BTW, I mean no disrespect to the actual teachings of the Bible. This is just a take on the pseodo truth that is made up by the Borg.

My point is this. After all the years of studying the prophetic paralells that "identify the WTS as being foretold in scripture" I realised that they are no more relevant than the B######t that is noted above!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Youy are right. The fruit of the Bible lies in its interpretation.

• the mole
    the mole

cool..i like this..how long did it take for you make this up? ........this satire reminds me of the old Revelation Book we had to study almost every other year in bookstudy..every tuesday night was the worst....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey blues

Why is this page so wide?

SS

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

You may laugh but I have heard from multiple JW LOTR fans the same correlation!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

the mole. Thanks, The answer was, not long once I got going. must have been all those years of composing talks full of Theocratic cliche's

Satanus . Probably because I composed in Wordpad. Sorry

ezekiel3 . Why am I not entirely surprised?

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Other correlations exist, you might want to read The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Hobbits.

• Swan
    Swan

Samwise is also a gardner, which correlates to the other sheep having to accept a lot of bullshit in life.

Tammy

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Well, to be fair, Tolkien was a Christian, so it's not unlikely that he may have woven some Christian-oriented symbolism into LOTR. I suspect that the parallels between Gandalf and Christ, for example, were not entirely coincidental.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit