Polyphonic Spree

by Sirius Dogma 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I have only recently discovered this band(?), not sure if that is what to call them. They are are what you would get if you mixed the beatles, the grateful dead, pink floyd and an orchestra if you put them to work on a non-existing musical play. Very singable, lyrically simple, musically complex, yet brilliant and fun, a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I look forward to hearing their new stuff.

They also have a online game with a soundtrack from their new album, really different and fun. Beautiful and enthralling. If you have some time and patience, check it out.

http://www.questfortherest.com

Anyone else digging these folks?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have been checking them out. Which would you say is their best song(s)?

SS

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I like...

It's the Sun

Light and Day

Soldier Girl

and from the new album - Hold me now

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sir Dog

Thanks.

S

• pc
    pc

I just went to a Bowie concert and they were the front band. I thought they were fantastic. They came out at the end of Bowie and performed with them. He said to the audience "these guys are great I wished I'd done some more with them". He made a joke that they were from Texas, is that true? I've been talking about them all week. PC

• amac
    amac

They are a great band...if you like them you should also listen to The Flaming Lips.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't know about these guys... they look like another cult waiting to catch a ride on a comet.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

They're great, huh? I went to several of their shows when they were just starting out in Dallas two years ago and it's an amazing experience to see them live. Kinda wish they were still only local, so I could see them more often.

• Huxley
    Huxley

'soldier girl' is a great song!

A pal o' mine from Texas introduced me to this band. (He's still Jdubbin..damn.)

Huxley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit