Witness Gatherings

by DaCheech 4 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

First of all we had our yearly gathering - Note that it was at a VFW hall (war war war)

Second: for the first time it was catered & we had to pay our share. After asking the elders why? They said there were complaints in

the past & this is the best colution............. I thought we were united? sharing & hospitable?

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I was never asked to contribute to an event other than to bring food. The congregation funds paid for the temporary property rental.

However, when ever there is a "Feed the Speaker" no one wants to host this so we do it at a local restaurant. I always felt bad for those who were too poor to go to a restaurant. Because they had no money, they would be excluded from the occasion.

My favotite "Feed the Speaker" story (in my sisters congregation). The speaker and his wife were handed two brown paper bags with sandwich, fruit, cookies and drink. Come to think of it...Isnt this what we are now suppose to eat at the DC? See..this is how things get started.

• betty boop
    betty boop

i remember we would have huge parties at the rec centers in the projects lol

And they would start at 4 and end like at 10 so by the time 10 rolled around and me being a lover of night life would complain "whys it over so early" theyd say (usually an elder) "well havent you danced enough wordly music already"

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Here in North Jersey, it's more like feed the bethellites, & pay them their $25.00 of traveling expenses (when doing a talk)

$100 a month when they are part of your congregation!

When a bethellite asks you, do you want to go out..? That means, you have to pay the bill!!!

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

the beauty of living in NYC is that the speakers all leave during half time

maybe cuz they dont like my flamboyant attitude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit