cocktails/mixing drinks

by baysixforme 9 Replies latest jw friends

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

I went to a BBQ the other night and had a couple of glasses of white wine before being offered a white rum with black pepper. I knocked back two of those...not particularly large ones either and that was it...I was somewhere else!

The good part about it was that I was with some good friends who were able to take care of me....The bad part was that I could hardly remember anything the next day. I wasn't sick or ill, just a huge memory loss which has scared me.

I was just wondering if anybody here knew if there is some kind of reaction that occurs when mixing white rum and black pepper!!!!!!! Sounds strange to me but I can't explain it any other way unless there was something in the drink that was a little more sinister..... Maby I just need to get out more?

Bay64me

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The good news is that when you sneeze from the pepper, you're too pissed to care what is hanging out of your nose. The bad news is that your friends are not able to stop themselves from taking pictures. who puts pepper in rum???

• Sassy
    Sassy
    who puts pepper in rum???

yeah.. I was thinking that......I never heard of it..

I think when it comes to alcohol.. especially hard liquiors, depending on how much you have had to eat, and yes mixing with something else like beer or wine.. especially wine you may find reactions like this..

it would take a few more than just a couple for me though

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have never had that kind of a drink..........sorry.....

Never heard of it...

• talesin
    talesin

Blackouts are scary. They can happen on a little alcohol, or a lot. It can be an indication that the mind wishes to black out. Emotional state of mind plays a large part in our interactions with alcohol.

The questions I would ask myself are, "Am I ignoring an issue in my life? Is this my brain, telling me to get a clue?"

IMHO

Above all, now that you have had a blackout, please be careful. :) As you said, you were with friends who took care of you. If you had been in a riskier situation ...

tal

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

i find that drinking smirnoff for a couple of hours and then switching to romanov or russian bear for the next couple of hours (due to wallet pressure) has that kind of effect on me as well. Don't drink much rum after that one night.., varsity party, woke up lying on a cardboard box on some stairs in small building on campus the next day..
    Mixing beer with spirits generally has the worst effect though..

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

When I drink a bit too much I often experience memory loss. In my case it doesn't really matter what I drink.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000
    who puts pepper in rum???

It's a Haitian thing.

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

Please tell me more Michael.........Where can I find information on the effects of drinking this mix....I'd really like to understand what happened to me.

Bay64me

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

I can't find any specific recipes for Haitian rum & pepper. I would think that the capsaicin (the stuff that makes all hot peppers hot) would have the same effect as when you eat it in food - it makes your blood vessels expand, and the "heat" is dissipated when you sweat. Was it a bad feeling?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit