Demonized Software...

by Agent 1 of 1 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

How does the society view software or media that seems to be from the Devil? If I'm watching a satanic ritual file downloaded from a web site, is that file demonized? If the original file is possessed and gets duplicated, are all the other duplicated files possessed as well? And does the demon that possessed the original file get split up into little demons? LOL

• eljefe
    eljefe

I was having a similar conversation with my Dad. He was going on and on about how active the demons are. How many things are demonized or "demon inspired".

I finally told him that him attributing everything to Satan and demons to be unhealthy. Then I told him he was borderline schizophrenic. He got mad. I don't understand why ;P.

Anyway, this paranoia with Satan and demons waaaay to prevelant in JWs.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

But Mic****ft must be demonic. right? How else can you explain the blue screens of death aso.

• Aalena
    Aalena

Funny thing: My mother came in and saw an MMORPG i was playing called, Everquest. It's loosely based on dungeons and dragons... but really not. It's basically an online version of Lord of the Rings. Anyhow, she finally looked at how I was playing it one day(after about 4 years of playing this game) and exclaims, "Angela! What are you bringing into my house?? Are they casting magic? That is demonic!! You are inviting Satan into this house!" I calmly asked her if she had seen anything in this house or experienced anything in this house for the past 4 years I had lived here that was demonic or satanic happen and of course she had to say no!

Silly silly silly I sometimes listen to her and her JW friends talk about the experiences that others have had with demons and I chuckle quietly to myself. They don't realize that they sound schitzophrenic!

• Faust
    Faust

Not to de-rail the thread at all, but what server do you play on Aalena? I'm also an avid player of the game ;-).

As for the topic at hand, my parents were pretty liberal about that stuff. Only things they thought might invite demons into the house were like crosses and other religious icons.

• Aalena
    Aalena

Xegony Server=) Been playing for about 4 years but lately my time is limited due to trying to finish school before I'm 30!;)

Aalena is my toon's name=p

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit