We're back...

by CeriseRose 6 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Mr. Pookiehead and I just got back from visiting friends in Mississippi. I had never been so it was a fun experience. I've finally tasted 'grits' (which I liked) and had fried catfish which was divine.

Y'all have been prolific in your posting. It'll take me a bit to catch up! hehe But I wanted to say hi and let anyone who cared to know, know that we made it home safe and sound.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yo Pookie!

Just a blast from the past moment there.

So you liked grits, were they fried? I liked fried grits, my Dad fixed them and we put syrup on them, sorta weird. I loved catfish until I found out it's a scavenger fish.......sorta lost my appetite for it.

Have you ever gone frogin? Or is it gigin'? Frog legs are devine! Catching the little buggers is not so fun!

Welcome back!

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I had grits salted and buttered. I can totally see frying them and them being good. Our friends in from the UK put syrup on them though...Mr. Pookiehead had had them before and could tell them it's done that way too...and since one of them loves maple syrup, that's how it went.

I didn't think about the catfish being a scavenger. I eat crab etc., so it's not too much different than that. hehe

And frogin? No. Last time I was near a frog it was to dissect one in grade 12.

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome back. I tried grits one or two times when I was in the south. Can't say I cared for them much -- but I like to try things at least one time.

Purza

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

hehe Well I'm one of those weird people who could live on oatmeal. And since I like cornmeal I figured they'd be okay. But I can totally see how they'd be an acquired taste.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Hi, What part of Mississippi were you at? The reason I ask is b/c I live in Louisiana and am not very far from Miss.I am glad you liked grits we eat them all the time. Maybe next time you can come to Louisiana and get some crawfish or Jambalaya.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

We were in Jackson. This trip we weren't going any farther than city limits, but next time it's entirely possible that we do move around (we were comparing all the places we'd been/hadn't been...Louisiana is one of the ones we both haven't seen so it's on our list). hehe

That would be great to wander over your way next time we're around! And enticing us with food is the best way to get to us. *giggles*

*hugs*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit