Who profits from the witness work!!

by boy@crossroads 3 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Who at the top of the organization profits from all the volunteer work, donations, and selling of watchtower property?

• glitter
    glitter

Yeah I was wondering this - does it *all* get plouged back in to make *more* money?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Since this is an organization run by committee, I think the money is just accumulating. There is no one Voice in Brooklyn that can stop this Monster. From all accounts, the guys at the top live pretty simple lives. Sure, they are revered by everybody around them, but I would be surprised if they really were siphoning funds offshore or have a secret hideawy in Maui.

The Roman Catholic church is very much the same in this respect. Over thousands of years, citizens and Kings have bequeathed lands and goods, and the church has happily accepted the gifts, but they have not always managed their holdings well. Just accumulated. Got so big they lost track of it all.

• jazbug
    jazbug

I agree about them not emassing wealth....afterall most of them die there anyway so what would they be saving the money for. I think its more of a power trip they are on and the money just keeps coming in. And I believe most of the money does go right back into "the work"...it sure isn't going to help the poor, JW or not, or abuse victims, etc. Just my opinion...........'

jazbug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit