JW's Arrive Here.....

by Sentinel 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

It was totally unexpected. I'm off work today to drive hubby to doctor, and had just opened the garage door to take the garbage can to the street. I saw this burgandy car approaching very slowly on the main road and wondered what they were up to...I could see that it was two older women and I then figured they might want directions.

The driver then "stops" totally in the middle of the street, gets out and comes over to me and says she's visiting the area from another state and says she has something for me. I immediately "knew" it was WT magazines. Nothing else was said. No real introduction and no explanation. She just held out these two magazines and said "would you like these"? ...and I said "sure, I'll take them" and went back into the house as they drove off.

It was a very unusual exchange. I didn't feel put upon and it was over in seconds. This is the first real literature I've seen around here in over two years. I just now looked at the dates on the mags, and they are from March and April.

There were no twinges in the gut and no anxiety. They came and went and that was that. Just thought I'd share this with you today!

/<

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Sounds like she got talked to about large mag orders in the cong or she was sick and had a stockpile of mags. Musta suprised the hell out of ya though !

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sentinel,

"...and had just opened the garage door to take the garbage can to the street.

I said "sure, I'll take them"..."

I would have done the same... except would have dropped them straight away into the garbage can at the street - in front of them.

This way, you are taking their litter-ature out of circulation - and she gets to count a 'placement' - even though she sees you drop-kicking it into the can.

Just my thoughts.

Jim TX

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I wonder if she was really from out of state or if she just hates doing return visits.

Walter

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Funny how one doesn't think of neat things to do at the time. Yep, I could have put them in the garbage can, but I doubt they would have even noticed. I really don't care about whether they counted the time or the number of magazines. It just no longer mattered to me.

I wanted to look inside the literature before tossing it in the garbage, and see how different things might be these days, and how they entice the public. I found things were like in a "time warp" as far as wording, etc. Just different type of paper is being used, so they are "thinner". The magazines are meant to draw in a certain type of individual, and let's face it, even though we have left, others are coming "in" to take our place. People need certain things, and for some people, the answer is the message that JW's bring. It is a magical answer to a brand new life and they grab hold of it. They are drawn in by the "extended hand of friendship" and Christianity. By the time they get all the attention of being "new" and the free home bible study, they have already taken the bait. It all moves toward baptism--and then they "gotcha".

The thing is, no grown person can "get got" unless they do that of their own free will. We all have the same needs and desires as humans, but we all seek different avenues to fulfil those needs. As children we lean on other adults and our parents to show us a good way to live and exist. When that doesn't happen, we instinctively attempt to survive anyway. As we mature past the control of parent and other adults, we do have free will. Most of the time, we don't realize that we do have a choice. Groups that teach dogma are especially entrapping, but we allow this to take place. We accept it--until we no longer accept it.

In life, there is always a price to pay for freedom. The perception of our world around us can change, and should change as we grow more spiritual--past any religious dogma. We can't control anyone else but ourselves, and it is indeed a tough journey to find oneself. How can I so judge another person, when I used to go from door to door with the best of heartfelt love and devotion to "truth" as I perceived it back then? I feel sad for anyone who is "trapped" in misperception. They are truly lost... Still I cannot judge them. I can only love them.

/<

• Purza
    Purza

I am glad the twinges in the gut and the anxiety never hit. I always wonder how I would react in that type of situation. I probably would take them (cause I remember what it was like being on the other side) -- but not give them my name for the RV. Also -- probably use them as fire starter later or recycle them.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit