Probably been posted before but...

by tazmaniac 6 Replies latest jw friends

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Anyone here ever have to give a part on Masturbation? Either thru a talk, WT study or Meeting part. I used to dread conducting the WT studies on this. I would try to make sure a more mature brother was assigned to the reading. But it never failed that somehow a young embarrassed brother would get the talk. Getting awnsers was nearly impossible. Thank goodness for a few older women who had no problems awnsering any questions at the WT study. Then at least once you would get an awnser from some 9-11 year old who knew NOTHING about what the study was about. Any experiences ??

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Yeah, I had to do a demonstration.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Yeah, I had to do a demonstration.

bwhahahahahahahahaha!

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

When I was 17 I was eating pizza with some girlfriends of mine. One of them started talking about masturbation. I guess I had this confused look on my face and they all started teasing me saying, "Ha ha ha...you dont know what it is!!" I was kinda embarrassed because she was right. But I played it off..."I KNOW WHAT IT IS!"

So I went home and looked it up...then said to myself, "Now why would someone want to do that?"

Ahhhh. The innocent mind.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    When I was 17 I was eating pizza with some girlfriends of mine. One of them started talking about masturbation. I guess I had this confused look on my face and they all started teasing me saying, "Ha ha ha...you dont know what it is!!" I was kinda embarrassed because she was right. But I played it off..."I KNOW WHAT IT IS!"

At SEVENTEEN, you didn't know what masturbation was, even after you looked up the word? I mean, I guess I could accept your not knowing the actual word, but by 17, the concept had never even occurred to you?

Man, I guess I wasn't as innocent back then as I tend to think I was...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

When I was about 13, my father was the school overseer, and he assigned the number 5 talks (#4 today) randomly. When I got my assignment, it was from the Youth book chapter, "Growing into womanhood." My best friend, who was 15, had the talk on masterbation. So, we got the talks reassigned.

The brother who ended up with the masterbation talk really went overboard. He was a bit of a loony at the best of times, but this talk really brought out the best in him. He went into intimate detail about girls who ride bicycles, casting doubt on the characters of any young sisters who partook of the filthy habit.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Oh, and here's another one.

When I was a little kid, I guess around 7 years old, masterbation was mentioned at the district convention. I had no idea what the word meant, so when we got home, I asked my sister, who would have been around 12.

She asked where I had hear the word. So, I said, "At the District Convention. There was a talk that asked, 'Are you ready for masterbation' ". She laughed, and said it wasn't "masterbation" - it was "mass starvation".

It was a long time before I figured that one out. I wonder if she ever did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit