Interesting Ewatchman commentary on abuse

by trumangirl 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Anyone read ewatchman's latest commentary condemning the "shepherds"?

He makes an interesting application of the law in OT about a person being bloodguilty if they knew their bull was dangerous yet didn't warn the neighbours or restrain it. He compares this to a recent legal case where the WT lawyers said that the elders are not responsible for protecting "congregants". ewatchman points out "what is a shepherd for if not to protect the flock?"

If one can get past ewatchman's ridiculous faith in the JW's as God's chosen people, it is interesting to consider his applications of scripture as they do seem to apply to JWs and other orgs gone wrong.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    He makes an interesting application of the law in OT about a person being bloodguilty if they knew their bull was dangerous yet didn't warn the neighbours or restrain it.

I haven't read it trumangirl, but it seems to me that it certainly has application, the problem is, the Society loves loopholes and they would mention that the Mosaic Law was "nailed to the torture stake" and does not have legal application anymore. They only use the Law in the OT when they want to make a point.

exjdub

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I was about to start going to the E-Watchman site and start posting there or whatever, however, I just saw people proclaiming that they were Jehovah's Witnesses and they still go to the organization but then they talk about how bad it is and stuff. Just like E-Watchman, he talks about the hypocracy of the org then like, he still goes to the congregation and calls himself a Jehovah's Witness. Sounds kind of stupid to me. That's why I just don't even read non of his stuff anymore, just don't feel right even if it is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit