Elder visit after being DF'd

by Evesapple 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Has anyone ever been re-visited by the elders after being df'd or da'd for some time? I was once in Arizona about 5 years ago, fortunately I was not home, my roomate was, they asked if I was home and she said 'no', they said they were from the local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and would like to invite me back, they also asked her if she was aware that I was once associated with the Witnesses and she said, 'yes, I'm very aware'....they then asked when would be a good time to get me home, she was very vague and said "I don't know really, she's training for a marathon and is very busy with school, I never really know when she's home"....they never came back, I think they got the hint, or were just too lazy to try again. I'm sure my mother had something to do with it....her last hope I guess. I've never been visited again. Evidently it's kind of a somewhat new arrangement that they make calls on people who may want to come back but just don't have the courage....something like that.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This "New " arrangement has been going for about 10 years now

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Oh well, I think that was the last I had heard of it...I've been out for 9 years...so that was the most recent news I had before my departure.

Happy Birthday by the way!

• blondie
    blondie

Eve, at the beginning of each service year, the elders are directed to call on any da'd or df'd (as long as they aren't rabid apostates). Some elder bodies are better at keeping track of where people are and calling on them. Others do the "drive by" method, or let's not and say we did.

I can remember being instructed to give the elders the name and address of any df'd people we came across while doing door to door. The elders were suppose to call on them.

Just like anything else in the WTS, what's on paper is not necessarily what gets done in real life.

km 9/03 p. 7 Announcements

The elders are reminded to follow through on instructions given on pages 21-3 of the April 15, 1991, Watchtower regarding any disfellowshipped or disassociated ones who may be inclined toward becoming reinstated.
  • El blanko
    El blanko

Indeed - neglect occurs. Somebody I know has been out for 3 years now and is looking to return, problem being, this person has only had one brief visit, and this is coming from a person who is genuinely interested and does not doubt the society as being God's only channel.

• Ciara
    Ciara

Immediately after I was DF'ed I got tons of visits from my congregation and the one my dad belonged to. I didn't want to talk to them so I didn't open the door. Finally my dad came to my apartment at about 2am and started beating down the door, so I called the police and had a restraining order put on the witnesses in our area. I also wrote the society and threatened legal action if they didn't leave me alone. That seemed to take care of the problem. The only time I've heard from them since then was when my dad came to my house about a year ago, because he was broke and needed some cash.

Ciara

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

This is all part and parcel of the game of manipulation.It's called the passive aggressive or "good cop bad cop routine".

The elders who wrongfully disfellowshipped you in the first place on bogus b****it.Come up from behind and like goodies,"Try to help you to make it back"

[ Edited Oh yea,I have never been visited ( except to slash my tires ) as the WT$ has a"no contact clause for those deemed as dangerous apostates".]

Yea baby i am sooooo,proud

harassment
    order

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Just thinking about a "return visit" / "shepherding call" makes me ill when I think about the nightmare visit my wife and I had with the elders this past October. It lasted 3 + hours. It was like a dream from which we could not awaken. I should have thrown them out after 1/2 hour, looking back now...

I hope they never call on us, ever.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

No elders have sought me out since my disfellowshipping. I know they know where I live as I have seen them many times going into the apartment building next to ours and one day about 2 or three years ago, called me and I know right away that this person was a JW. YOu know the presentation they give on the telephone, because they can't get into our building. Anyway I told this sister who by the way was new to the congregation I was in and I told her that I was a disfellowshipped person and she still continure to witness to me dispite the fact they are not to continue speaking to you. Then she says to me, " would you like the elders to come and see you?" I told her no and I didn't expect that they would come and see me anyway.

It was a complete blow to the congregation when I left on Dec 24th 1999 and was disfellowshipped two wks later. Our family has strong witness roots in my area where I live no one would have believed that a fourth generation witness would get disfellowshipped. I mean literally I know thousands of witnesses for the east to the west coast of Canada. Our name is well known and so I am as they say an utter disgrace to our family name. And as my mother would say and to Jehovah's name too.

And if the elders were to come and see me I think they know I have alot to say to them that would show them up to be lousy elders. As prior to my leaving I had several conversations with the elders about my home life and how my ex husband was a dweeb and a fanatic and he cared nothing for his sons well being. So I would give them a huge ear full and I wouldn't be nice either.

And so life goes on.

Love Orangefatcat..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit