Forrest Gump Quotes

by blondie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Has it been 10 years ago (1994) that Forrest Gump hit the screens. I remember the first time I saw it with another JW couple who had already seen it. I was stunned at the language, and they seemed like such as nice JW couple.

Forrest: Hello, I'm Forrest... Forrest Gump.

Army Bus Driver Bethel Elder: Nobody gives a bunk of shit who you are, fuzzball! You're not even a low-life scumsucking maggot! Get your faggoty ass on the bus. You're in the Army Bethel now!

My favorite:

Forrest: Mommy says stupid is as stupid does.

• tarzan
    tarzan

I never really understand what that saying meant. " stupid is as stupid does".. can someone explain that to me please.

hug !

• blondie
    blondie

I always thought it was another way of saying actions speaker louder than words.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I never really understand what that saying meant. " stupid is as stupid does".. can someone explain that to me please.

You are only as stupid as the things you do or accomplish. By that standard Forest was a genius.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I loved the quote: "And thats all I got to say about that"!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

My favorite:

Lt. Dan: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
    Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.

• Corvin
    Corvin

A few more . . .

"We were like peas and carrots"

"Your momma sure does care 'bout your schoolin' son" (school principal)

"They said it was a million dollar wound. But, the army must keep that money, cause I still ain't seen a nickel of that million dollars"

"He (Lt Dan) was from a long great military tradition - somebody in his family had fought . . . and died . . . in every . . . single . . . American . . . war . . . I guess you could say he had a lot to LIVE up to"

"There is an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes .. Where they're going, where they've been."

"Run, Forrest, Run!"

"I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is."

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

"Jenny"

• blondie
    blondie
    " I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is."

Oooh, another top five.

Blondie

Share this

Google+