I'm so glad!!!!

by Ciara 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Ciara
    Ciara

A week ago my father-in-law had a serious heart attack. He's been wonderful to me since my JW parents disowned me. He went into the hospital and had triple bypass surgery to correct the blockages, but first they had to cauterize a bleeding ulcer in his stomach. It had been bleeding for quite sometime apparently and had seriously lowered his blood count. As a result of that, he had to have blood transfusions before and after surgery.

He is coming home from the hospital today and doing quite well. All I can keep thinking is how glad I am that I don't still have the JW beliefs on B. Transfusions. He more than likely could have died without them.

I thank God every day that I don't have to live with guilt because I allowed the doctors to save the life of someone that I love.

Ciara

• blondie
    blondie

Ciara, I'm so happy. My hubbie had heart faillure a year ago, and has improved enough to be off the transplant list. I can imagine how you feel. Life is so precious.

Blondie

• Maya
    Maya

Ciara.......

It is GREAT that your f-i-l is doing better!! I am happy for you!

And the b-transfusion thing always scared the daylights outta me........

I was always afraid, while I was growing up, that something really bad would happen to me or one of my siblings and my parents would rather let us DIE than to allow a transfusion......

Scary stuff for a kid......or anyone else for that matter......

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

So glad to hear he's all right Ciara! Wonderful that you could have a part in helping him to be well, too.

• stichione
    stichione

Ciara,

I share in your joy and wish a speedy recovery to your father-in-law!

• Ciara
    Ciara

Thanks, Guys!!!

Blinking Heart

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Happy that your Father in Law is doing well! Best wishes!

• exjdub
    exjdub

That's great news Ciara! Please give our regards and best get well wishes to your Father-In-Law.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit