Best high of them all.

by got my forty homey? 4 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In a Young Al Pacino movie, maybe his second movie "Panic in Needle Park" while speaking to a bunch of his junkie partners one of them said "the greatest high of them all is death."

With all the problems of mine in my miserable meanigless suffering life I haved tried so many drugs and highs to drown the sorrows of my being raised as a Joe Wit and not having a normal teenage life. The embarrasment of knocking on schoolmates doors of Sundays to be laughed at on Mondays in school, the great disapointment of serving in Bethel and then ending up as a homeless drug addict sleeping on the NYC subway system, getting disfellowshipped and losing contact with the only "friends" I had. I think this statement is true.

The ultimate high must be death, no more chasing the dragon and drowning the fears.

Any comments or am I just a idiot?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Actually, I think death is the one thing the witnesses got right. Simply nothingness. No high there at all.

You've got me curious (vaguely suicidal people will do that to me), what is "the dragon" and what are your fears?

I don't think your an idiot, but I think this statement "the greatest high of them all is death" is a silly comment. If it has some appeal to you right now, I think you at least owe it to yourself to see that appeal for what it really is, and that is emotional, not logical. Death is the lowest low, not the greatest high.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I came very close to that "high" once.

It was not high. It was very, very low.

Let us never speak of this madness again.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some people whose brains stop working have out of body experiences known as near death experiences or ndes. These aren't real death, of course, since they came back to tell their stories. At any rate, you can read them, if you want. The idea, generally, is that we chose to come to this earth for some reason or another. Until that is seen through, it seems that it is in bad tatse for an early escape. It can be a bitch. Nde.

SS

• new light
    new light

Death may be the ultimate escape, but not necessarily the ultimate high, even though getting high is usually an escape. Life can be really sweet, even if you are a screwed-up ex-JW, it's all in your head. Not to judge, but all those painkillers you talk about can't be doing your soul any good. I only say this because you do mention them quite frequently and I care about your well-being. I drink and puff, so I'm not on some righteous high ground, but I am familiar with the damage narcotics can do to people. MJ can be a real help in tapering off opiates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit