Acute leukemia in Jehovah's Witnesses.

by PinTail 2 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

http://www.haematologica.it/2000_11/1221.htm

With the aim of demonstrating the possibility of treating acute leukemia in Jehovah's Witnesses by protocols which include a marrow transplantation procedure without need of transfusions, we report our experience on 5 patients. Three patients had acute lymphocytic leukemia and two acute myeloid leukemia, two received autologous bone marrow transplants and one bone marrow transplantation without transfusions. One died because of anemia during induction. Our conclusion is that acute leukemia in Jehovah's Witnesses can be treated with protocols employed in transfused patients.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Considering the blood medical treatment refusal policy of the Witness people is out of reverence for Jewish dietary laws which the same Witness people completely ignore, I'd say it would have to be a pretty stupid person willing to die by refusing pragmatic treatment. I'd also say that anybody applying the Witness blood medical treatment guidelines to a child or adolescent is a murderer.

I watched a Witness die from anemia from untreated leukemia and let me tell you all, it is something I will never forget. Terrible!

• TD
    TD

What is your point Pintail?

To summarize

Patient #1 ?11 year old male. Diagnosed with T-cell acute lymphocytic leukemia. This patient received an allogenic bone marrow transplant without platelets. This patient relapsed and died.

Patient #2 ? 24 year old male. Diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. Received chemo without platelets. Patient?s platelet count became uncountable. (Meaning he damn near died from thrombocytopenia during therapy) Patient attained complete remission for a few months. This patient relapsed and died.

Patient #3 ? 17 year old female. Diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. Received chemo without platelets. Patient attained complete remission. Patient is now under maintenance therapy.

Patient #4 ? 30 year old male. Diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia and Burkitt's type lymphoma. Treated under Magrath?s protocol (attenuated dosage) Patient attained complete remission.

Patient #5 ? 44 year old female. Diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia. This patient died from anemia during therapy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit