Life after this one?

by Cowboy 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

I've been out of the JW's long enough and have been exposed to enough other ideas that I'm not sure I believe in the resurrection anymore.But I'm not quite convinced I'm going to heaven(or hell)either.Maybe this life is all there is-that's OK.
    I'm not interested in(practicing)any sort of organized religion-I'm just trying to be the best person I can and hoping that's good enough for whatever comes next.I do believe in God,but I feel my worship is my reverance to Him and His wonderful creations.
    But that leaves my question of what's next.Anyone want to share their answers(or questions)?

• larc
    larc

Cowboy,

I can't give any answers, because I don't have any. My thoughts are pretty much like yours. I just try to do the best I can in the here and now. I think a lot of people worry so much about the future, that they miss out on the joys of the present moment.

I think that doing all kinds of religious things to please God is actually offensive to him. You can't fool him, so just do the best you know how and if there is an after life, well, so be it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit