Ransom Sacrifice

by african 4 Replies latest jw friends

• african
    african

Has anyone considered this fact : That the governing body are the only authorised channel to dispense the benefits of Jesus Ransom sacrifice!

The thought of a Ransom that was intended to benefit all of mankind, resides exclusively with so few is surely a paradox designed to rob so many of the universal benefits.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I think thats a great little post african, he died for all but the GB think they are just as important in this as he is.

Brummie

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hi African,

Your post reminds me of one saying in the Gospel of Thomas (ยง 102) -- neither about "ransom" nor "sacrifice" though:

Jesus says: "Woe to them, the Pharisees, for they are as a dog sleeping [or lying] in the manger of cattle, for it neither eats nor lets the cattle eat."
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You are absolutely correct, African.

This relates, I believe, to the "Secret Doctrine" of the Watchtower Society as discussed in the new book, The Three Presidents of the Watchtower. It is a rather startling doctrine that is never discussed openly in meetings or recent WTS publications, and terminology has been developed to hide the doctrine behind veils of double meaning.

Good post, and welcome to JWD!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

only those holding UN cards get the benefit of jesus ransom sacrafice.

they have taken the place of the holy spirit

read below and see if you can spot the differences. I guess you can change anything if jesus died exclusivley for the GB

*** w73 5/1 p. 280 Baptizing Follows Discipling ***
    (1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

*** w85 6/1 p. 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication ***
    (1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah?s Witnesses in association with God?s spirit-directed organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit