Does anybody remember Good old brother Woodly?

by truthbeliever 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthbeliever
    truthbeliever

Dear Brothers and Sisters,I have read several posts here regarding William Osbeck and how bad of a Circuit Overseer he was.At the time when he was a Circuit Overseer in Oklahoma,we had a District Overseer named Brother Elmer Woodly.He was the most unfriendly Overseer I have ever worked with.He was mighty on the stage in his speeches,but when he came down from there he was a mean,cold shouldered person.He was not as rude as Brother Dixon,another Circuit Overseer,but I guess I expected more from a District Overseer.Does anybody else remember this jolly old soul?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I don't live in the states (therefore, I don't remember him), but welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your experience with nasty Overseers

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes, I remember ol' Elmer. Didn't know him except for his pontifications on the platform, but he certainly didn't do anything to curb William Osbeck's meanspiritedness so I am forced to find him guilty of the same by omission. I am one of the ones who has a lot of problems with William Osbeck. He was the reason for my father's first suicide attempt. The second attempt was successful.

Welcome to the board! Are you in Oklahoma? If you're not too far of a drive from the DFW area, we're having a large gathering this coming weekend, and you are more than welcome to attend.

Nina

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

No, but I do remember a brother Woody. Whenever he would get up on stage, he would stand very erect, and when he would get overly excited about something he was saying, he had a tendency to Spit. He was very hard on the Brothers and Sisters....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

ROFL at Ohio

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Takes a bow....

• Daga
    Daga

Yeah, I remember Woodly, only ever met one DO that was decent, and one other I was never sure about. Woodly wasn't on the list. William don't call me Bill Osbeck is consumed by his own ego.

• minimus
    minimus

um....I don't think we're supposed to use people's names here.

• Farkel
    Farkel

truthbeliever,

: we had a District Overseer named Brother Elmer Woodly.He was the most unfriendly Overseer I have ever worked with.He was mighty on the stage in his speeches,but when he came down from there he was a mean,cold shouldered person.

So he was yer average DO, then. He was from the Nathan Homer Knorr "Charm School" Class(tm).

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit