"I Used to Have a Family..."

by Larry 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

I was just reading a moving post by Flower, that inspired this thread. She said:

But I admit I am lonely for the comfort that a group of people called 'family' brings. I used to have a family. 3 sisters 5 brothers, two parents. In the end, they sucked as a family but they were still my family and I miss belonging to that kind of a unit.

Piggybacking on that response and applying it the BORG's way of cutting me off from my family: "I used to have a family" 4 sisters, 1 parent, 2 Aunts, over 20 nieces, nephews, & cousins.

Now you fill in the blanks, if it applys to you - "I used to have a family...":

_____Grandparent(s)

_____Parent(s)

_____Husband

_____Wife

_____Son(s)

_____Daughters(s)

_____Sister(s)

_____Brother(s)

_____Aunt(s)

_____Uncle(s)

_____Cousin(s)

_____Niece(s)

_____Nephew(s)

_____other

Peace - LL :)

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I used to have a family: 2 parents, 2 grandmothers

I only lost my mom to the WTBTS but lost my dad and 2 grandmothers in death (all in the same 2 months). That was also when my mom stopped speaking to me completely. That was 6-7 years ago. Believe me, THAT sucked!!

Even though its only my mom who's still in - I think growing up that way definitely affected my relationships with other family members- aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Because of not celebrating anything - we avoided them during the holidays because we knew they would be celebrating. Now I see holidays as an important time to bond if for no other reason than everone is off of work and school and has time to eat together and hang out.

I do have a new "family of choice" = very good, close and loyal friends. I am also so happy to have a sister who has 2 kids who I love and cherish. Too bad they live several states away :(

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Dedicated to my family members , nieces and nephew Lauren, Ashley and Kevin Haszard that have gone missing in the Jehovah's Witnesses. 4 ( four ) generations 'soul raped' by the Borg."Closure" is a myth,a convenient word for folks who never never been 'soul raped'. The WT$ leaders probably won't burn in hell,but they will NOT live forever either.Rot in the ground all of you charlatans,just like your holy-man Adventist founder C.T. Russel.Hatchet

• gumby
    gumby

Ahhhh, the sweet smell of freedom of religion. It's too bad the cutoff point of this freedom didn't end with cults that rip your family from you. Any religion that demands family to abandon one another on it's own religious terms, should have it's doors welded shut by the government, and incarcerate any bastard who tries it again. That law in it's fullest context is also a bad thing. Families are the backbone of society.......why allow a religion who prevent that?

Gumby

• Sassy
    Sassy

I used to have a mother and step father...

and I could say I used to have three children... because I lost them partially because of the religion and how they forced me to be as a parent... and the children hated the religion so much they left my life.. but now that I am out.. I am rebuilding with two of them... hopefully three soon...

and because of leaving he religion, I actually gained my father back (who hated the religion and shut the door of me in his life because of it two yrs ago)

I also used to have a ton of what I thought was close friends..

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

2 Parent(s)

1 Sister(s)

2 Aunt(s)

2 Uncle(s)

11 Cousin(s)

• Aalena
    Aalena

I lost a father when I was sucked in and lost a mother and a sister when I broke free.

• alamb
    alamb

I used to have a family.... one mother, one father, one brother. After leaving, I have regained all the non-JW I had never known and now have a wonderful aunt and uncle (who have graciously stepped in as Grandma and Grandpa to my little ones) and 4 cousins and lots of little sweeties to meet someday!

The cult is also in the process of stealing three of my children, but not while I'm breathing. I want to show them the family that loves them no matter what...the family I NOW have....I guess the REAL one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit