Ran into an old friend

by jwbot 1 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

I was chatting online with a good friend of mine who was disfellowshipped for being gay. He lives right down the street from me. Anyway visiting at that moment with him was another good friend who I thought was still a witness. I told them both to visit that moment so they came and we talked for a couple hours.

This dear friend had recently gotten disfellowshipped also. He was not as boisterous as my other friend and I in our conversations about the religion. My boyfriend and I could tell he needed to grow into himself, come out of his shell more. He is a good guy and we hope to have him around more and be a good influence on him.

The funny thing is, is I am 22, and we are all around the same age. ALL (in all seriousness, no exaggeration) the kids we grew up with were married, disfellowshipped, then reinstated, then married or something...all of them had screwed up lives. Even his hot sister that has been disfellowshipped for a while who had a great commited relationship with a woman, got pregnant, married and then is trying to get back in the religion.

OY!

• Sassy
    Sassy

cool that you ran into old friends.. interesting how things turn out doesn't it, how many end up dfd that we grew up with.. the trouble is, so many get into trouble because of the rules.... but at least those I have known, eventually go back because they do not realize it is not the truth.. that it is lies.. and so they get sucked right back in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit