Last night at the bookstudy...

by MoeJoJoJo 1 Replies latest jw friends

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I thought the box on page 152 of the Creator book was interesting.
    (The chapter is titled "A Great Teacher Shows Us the Creator More Clearly") The lesson was dealing with the Sermon on the Mount and the Society says "Here are some highlights that we can reap from this greatest sermon:"
    Seven points were mentioned, among them were "How to be happy, How to cope with anxiety..." and they list the chapter and verse from the Sermon to go along.
    The one point that caught my eye was "How to recognize religious fraud" and the scriptures for that point were Matt. 6:5-8, 16-18;
    and Matt.7:15-23 which warns us about false prophets.
    I wonder who the Society thinks that scripture applies to since they seem to think that it doesn't apply to them? Even though they have prophesied numerous times and none have come true.

In the same box they quoted Mohandas Gandhi as saying "that by following its (Sermon on the Mount)teachings, we shall have solved the problems...of the whole world."

I thought that was an interesting quote.

"plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." -Veronica A. Shoffstall

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Moejo: The Society applies the verses in Matt about false prophets to Christendom in particular. They place a different view on the term Prophet. A Prophet technically does not "always" speak about or fortell future events. A Prophet may speak Divine messages mean for the direction and edification of the current generation. Moses, for example, when he delivered the 10 Commandments was not speaking of the future, but providing the Law of God in a capacity as Prophet. Therefore, the WTS applies this broad view of the title Prophet to Christendom's misguidance of her members with respect to teaching falsly the things of God.

What the Watch Tower religion fails to notice, however, is that they are even more guilty of being a false Prophet because in addition to their failed predictions of the future, they also misguide people and claim to be God's sole channel of truth by which he spirit-directs their organization to provide God's timely progressive light to the whole world of humankind. In this regard, they have proved to be a very poor guide, lacking any spirit-direction, and thus the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, aka Jehovah's Witnesses as led by their Governing Body and ficticious Faithful & Discreet Slave Class are False Prophets par Excellence!

Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit