LOTR-The return of the king

by stichione 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• stichione
    stichione

Great news! The Lord of the rings 3rd movie, the Return of the King, will be released next week, I think on the 26th of May. This will be the theatrical release which was 3 hours long. The extended version of the movie is coming out some time after that, which is expected to be 3 1/2 hours long! Can't wait...

• gods vigilante
    gods vigilante

I think it's coming out the 25th... so a day sooner than you thought. Yay!!! And if the company releases the Return of the King Extended Version like the other two then it'll probably be out in November.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I will just say that it has been a long time since a movie, let alone 3 movies in a row, effected me so deeply. I can't imagine that anyone could have brought the story to life on the big screen with so much beauty as Peter Jackson did. In San Diego, we have a movie critic who writes for the San Diego Union-Tribune, David Elliot, and he panned all three movies, but gave rave reviews to each Harry Potter movie, films/stories that, although pretty cool, were no match for Tolkein's genius imagination. (The Potter stories are a bit contrived, I thought)

While going through the 5th grade, I had a very hot teacher, Mrs. Hoyle, who was Farah Fawcett in my eyes. Each day she read to us from the LOTR trilogy and finished them by the end of the year. She was awsome for doing that and it is the one memory I have from my JW childhood that always makes me smile. (That and Puppie) Yay for Tolkein and yay for Mrs Hoyle and yay for Peter Jackson! I can't wait to own the third movie.

I am also a big Ludlum fan and look forward to The Bourne Supremecy coming out soon. While the movies stray completely from the books, they are fantasic in their own right.

Corvin

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

LOTR Rocks! My Precious!!

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit