How will gas prices affect the Watchtower Society?

by truthseeker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Ezekiel3 posted an interesting tidbit about Max Larson stopping the printing...

President of the WTBTS Max Larson formally stops the press at Jehovah's Witnesses' printery in Brooklin, NY. Pictured below is press #4. With the sale of the Furman Street building and shipping methods changed to road freight, JWs seems posed to evacuate their Brooklin headquaters. JW have also been beefing up their worldwide branches, including a large facility in Brazil, to decentralize their publishing empire.

I was just wondering, if the WTS makes more use of road freight, and gas prices really spiral, how will they fare financially? Then, consider all the trucks which stop at the Kingdom Halls/brothers homes, with the magazines etc.

Makes you think...

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

It is a sign that evil industrialist are really part of the Wild Beast's attempt to stifle the desemination of the troof to the poor and ignorant R&F.

• sarcen
    sarcen

The third horseman of the apocalypse will be keeping an eye on oil prices.

• blondie
    blondie

Doesn't the WTS use the postal service to ship some of their stuff. I know they don't maintain their own trucks like they used to.

• rekless
    rekless

Don't worry about the borg think about the poor s o bs that go from house to house, especially in the rural areas.

• Valis
    Valis

It means the dub pubs will be asked to give more....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gadget
    Gadget
    It means the dub pubs will be asked to give more....

Exactly.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

If they could only find a way to harness all of their "Hot Air" into energy, they wouldn't have to worry about it!

• Farkel
    Farkel

The WTS passes more hot gas than all the automobiles in the world combined. Windbags! It's even affected the ozone layer!

Farkel

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Any burdens incured by the Watchtower will be carried by the local dubs. It's always been that way, why change now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit