Benefit of UN affiliation??

by Bubbamar 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

HI - I know I'm a newbie and this question has probably been addressed before - so sorry - but can someone tell me the inside scoop. Of what benefit was it to the WTBTS to register with the UN? I imagine it was of significant value to risk such a huge scandal. But I also guess they knew they could manipulate their way out of it with their little mindless sheep!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

they joined to get a library card .you cant join the ymca but they can join the un/ngo

i found this article from the watchtower you might find interesting

WT 01/79:

"In joining the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization. He is not simply paying for something he receives, such as when buying things being sold to the public at a store. (Compare 1 Corinthians 8:10; 10:25.) Nor is his membership merely an entry pass, as when a person buys a theater ticket. Membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization founded with definite religious objectives, including the promotion of interfaith. Hence, for one of Jehovah?s Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called Christian association would amount to apostasy."
    so has the society commited apostasy?
  • avengers
    avengers

Hi Bubbamar. Welcome.

But I also guess they knew they could manipulate their way out of it with their little mindless sheep!

That's what they thought indeed. But,,,, they didn't think the Internet would expand the way it did. They were
    really caught with their pants down.

so has the society commited apostasy?

Absolutely. The Watchtower calls us here apostates, but they are the ones whom committed apostasy
    But that's the way they are. They always blame their brothers. They've done so in the past and they'll
    keep doing so in the future to keep manipulating the "flock" and ruin families.

What's this behaviour called?

pathetic sociopathological antisocial mind-controlling.

Andy.

BTW. There are numerous threads on this board about the UN issue. Anything you wanna know; just ask.

• avishai
    avishai

Ti was likely so they'd be accepted in Russia, being affiliated w/ the UN and all.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

My dad when confronted with the un thing did not deny it but had a wild new take. The wt was to reap the benefits of UN mebership but then brach contract when ever it did not fit their agenda. This makes it okay. A quasi religious org signing a contract they have no intention of keeping to exploit the benefits. Sadly I think my dad is right. He just does not understand this makes them corrupt. They are practicing TWD on a relatively inert manly humanitarian org. Check and see if the WT has joined the red cross :P

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

Its sad the dubs will make up any excuse for the society. They have to, if they don't then that means their whole belief is false. So, no matter what, they'll make up something. Anything.

Welcome, Bubbamar. Now that you're a member on this board, just go to the search engine and type in UN. You'll find quite a bit of posts on here. The first time I read about it, it just blew me away. And that was a good point brought out about the internet taking off and that the society didn't think that it would. I was wondering how they would keep it wrapped up. But I guess one of Satan's tool, the bad internet, has shown the dubs for what they are. Ironic justice.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I think Avishai's right on the money. Throughout the 90's, they faced legal difficulties in various Eastern European countries, and also in France and in Germany. This wasn't the type of head-on prohibition that they were accustomed to; instead, it was generally specific criticism of their positions on issues such as disfellowshipping and blood transfusions.

So joining the UN was a way to try to make themselves seem legit, and to get more political visibility and support for their "human rights struggle."

• Gerard
    Gerard

If the WT is a corporation ($) and if is obtains international "legitimacy" then it can infiltrate as a Charitable organization and avoid taxes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit