Did You Ever Get Into A Fight In Your Dub Days?

by Englishman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I did, several times.

Once on a bus to an assembly, a bro took a swing at me and hit me on the cheek. We'd be sharing baby-minding duties at the assembly and he thought that I wasn't doing my share.

In the ministry work, one time, some thugs decided to harass myself and a pioneer lad. They followed us around and told us they were going to steal our brief cases. I twisted the arm of my assailant behind his back and forced him to his knees. The pioneer lad was shouting:"Break his arm, Mike!"

My mother was horrified, and reported me to the PO, who just happened to be my Dad. He said something along the lines of "That's my boy!"

I could have hugged him.

A bro once pulled a knife on me when I went round to see him after he had been abusive to my then wife. That was pretty scary.

Englishman.

• undercover
    undercover

Only as a teen in high school. Nothing serious.

I did see an occasional fight break out during pick-up football and basketball games between "brothers". Again nothing serious.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I got into a fight with a youth who was hassling me and a freind whilst out on the ministry - outside a motorbike shop. Several went down before the end of the fight!! The right hand of christian fellowship certainly came in handy, as I put a new slanr on 'bible bashing' !!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I read this quickly and thought it said; "Did You Ever Get Into A Fight In Your Pub Days"!!!!! LOL

• Gadget
    Gadget

Er, where do I begin...............

The worst was the intercongregation football matches we played. You could almost guarentee at least on major punch up each game. They were stopped for a while after a pioneer got his leg broken by someone deliberately.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Yeah, I did. I think it was 8 to 2. I was lucky to only get the pleasure of a broken nose, I was part of the 2. I had been a bit of a hot head when I was much younger.I never said I was a very bright jw.

• logansrun
    logansrun

A fight (as in physical) broke out right in front of the literature counter five minutes before the public talk at one of my old congregations. No joke, I could name names in a court of law. About a year later the SAME TWO sisters got into a shoving match in the ladies room. I was reading the WT at the time and from the platform viewed elders going in and out of the hall. I knew SOMETHING WAS UP.

Later it came out that one of the sisters left the hall and CALLED THE POLICE on her cellphone. They showed up and that's why the elders were going in and out of the building. One of the officers said (according to one of the elders), "You can't even control your own people, how do you expect us to?" Again, I'm not making this up or adding to the story.

Amazingly, no one was reproved or DFd for this. I can't believe it to this day. We did have a local needs talk about it, though. The elder giving the talk said that "That day will be a day of infamy for this congregation." I almost cracked up. Damn those Japs!

Bradley

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

OK, I admit it, I threw the first punch. Luckily (or rather because of Jehovah's Spirit) an elder caught my fist before it hit the sister's face.

I was 28, she was probably 35. We were both pioneering...this happened one morning in the Kingdom Hall parking lot right after the meeting for service.

I had know idea how much she hated me. (lol I thought I was the sweetest thang.)

We had made plans to work with each other that morning. She stopped by my house before she went to the Kingdom Hall to tell me she changed her mind. She said she couldn't stand me...and was tired of pretending. LOL! I asked her what I had done to make her so mad. She said she was pissed off because I had "hesitated" one time when she asked for a ride to the district convention.

Guess what? I pissed her off even more...when I told her I didn't even remember taking her to the convention! LOL (I've gone to assemblies since I was a baby and they all kinda run together)

I asked her when it was that we took her. She said "10 years ago".

This woman had been mad at me for TEN YEARS!! and I had no clue.

I explained that the reason I hesitated was that I was eighteen years old and eight months pregnant. I had a two door nissan, luggage and a cooler, a husband who would say no...and she had two kids. I didn't think she'd be comfortable!! ...anyway I begged my husband to take her because I was embarrassed to tell her no.

Well, now this lady is standing in my kitchen telling me that I had made her trip to the assembly miserable....because she was cramped and didn't have room. LOL

We both went to the meeting for service steaming. She couldn't believe that I didn't even remember something that had been stewing in her brain for 10 years.

To make a long story longer...the elder leading the group paired us up to work together. haha On the way to the car she starts yelling at me. Loud enough that the others came out of the Kingdom Hall...just in time to watch me throw a punch. LOL!

I must have really been mad...cuz I was such a geeky witness who would never stand up for myself.

~wick (of the don't get me mad class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit