My old JW best friend is now Inactive

by NaruNaruChan 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

... and I'm surprised, because of how devout I "thought" she was, and how "in the truth" her family is.. turns out, she's bipolar (surprise, surprise, another mental disorder found in a JW) This is the one that was my best friend when I was in the "truth" and now she's totally wild... ?? I dunno guys, it just get s weirder and weirder in california.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I hope you can rekindle your friendship....

• willyloman
    willyloman
    turns out, she's bipolar (surprise, surprise, another mental disorder found in a JW)

But not for long. I know dubs whose mental illness improved dramatically once they were free of the pressure to perform, do more, attend meetings, etc., and shed the guilt. What often happens is, the medication is no longer necessary (but please consult your doctor first) and/or the therapy actually starts to WORK.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I hope you can reconnect.

DY

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yes, the symptoms of mental illness diminishes considerably when you accept the truth about the "the truth" and clearer thing and normalcy begins to manifest itself inside your head when you get away from the organization. I watched my first wife go from fairly normal to neurotic in just a matter of years when she came into the organization.

Corvin

• willyloman
    willyloman

Corvin: When my grown daughter, who was living with some witnesses in another state and having some financial problems, asked to come home to live with us for awhile, we told her we were fading and that she did not have to go to any meetings nor express any willingness whatsover to be a JW after she got here. She moved up her move date and was home in a matter of days rather than weeks. She has since stopped eating junk food, lost 35 pounds, and (with her doctor's blessing) stopped taking anti-depressant meds she was on for two years.

She is a completely different person. She's made several new friends at work (they're all really nice people). We have "witnessed" a miracle.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Naru That's wonderful. It's great to be able to reunite with our old friends, especially those we share that history with. Bi-Polar is hard problem to live with. I know my sister has it and being raised a JW only added to the difficulty.

Congratulations to you! I'm sure you must be sooooo excited!

• Farkel
    Farkel

willyloman,

: Corvin: When my grown daughter, who was living with some witnesses in another state and having some financial problems, asked to come home to live with us for awhile, we told her we were fading and that she did not have to go to any meetings nor express any willingness whatsover to be a JW after she got here. She moved up her move date and was home in a matter of days rather than weeks. She has since stopped eating junk food, lost 35 pounds, and (with her doctor's blessing) stopped taking anti-depressant meds she was on for two years.

: She is a completely different person. She's made several new friends at work (they're all really nice people). We have "witnessed" a miracle.

That's great! Of course, when such things happen dubs will always state that Satan is doing it to keep her from going back to da troof. On the otherhand, if her life had taken a turn for the worse, it would have been Jehovah who withdrew his "spirit" from her for leaving "him." Those kinds of dub excuses gives everyone else but themselves a good laughat their own insanity. Farkel
  • Quotes
    Quotes

Good news. Now you can both sing together this New Year's:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    And never brought to mind?
    And days of auld lang syne?

And days of auld lang syne, my dear,
    And days of auld lang syne.
    And days of auld lang syne?

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Yeah, I'm gonna try to be there for her because I know what i went through leaving, and so... I figure, if I make friends with her a little bit, (just keep my guard up) maybe I can help her see that life without dubs is a lot better. I

Funny thing is this... the shrink she went to said it was her JW mom's rules that made her feel bipolar to begin with.. that the religion was doing it! her mom made her stop going, but she didn't forget those words, that's what is important. ^_^

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit