Coincidences

by Descender 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Descender
    Descender

I had a funny experience the other day. I went out with a girl who was into astrology, I personally don't give that sort of thing much credence. But as she got to know me, she kept on getting a more and more surprised look on her face. Finally she told me that she had had a boyfriend that she'd almost married that had the same last name as my first name (so what), he had been married for five years just as I had (alright) he had been born the same year as me (not a big deal, lots of people were born in 75) and he had the exact same birthday as me (now that is kinda wierd). She told me that was to much of a coincidence to be a coincidence and it was either a good or bad omen. She has yet to tell me whether it's good or bad.

Anyway, I was wondering if you all have experienced things that seemed to be so coincidental that they didn't seem like real coincidences?

• simplesally
    simplesally

One time, I dated a guy who went to high school in SF, I went to high school in SF.

He had a dog. I had a dog.

He lived in a house. I lived in a house.

He drove a car to work. I drove a car to work.

• Descender
    Descender

wow, simplesally, that is wierd. But as coincidence will have it, I'm 3 out of 4 on your list. Maybe it's a bad omen.

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

I have recentlly met someone from Australia who is like my personnality twin. We agree on nearly every subject imaginable. We also respond the same way to comments. It is very interesting to me that some one who was raised on the other side of the world can have so much in common with me...it is kind of eerie talking to her sometimes. I just feel like I have known her forever. My husband kids that we were separated at birth.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I met a girl at work about 19 years ago. We were both pregnant. Her baby was born within 5 weeks of mine. As we became better friends, we realized we were married on the same exact day/year, divorced within weeks of each other, both of our husbands had the same first name, our mothers are the oldest children in their families. Her mother's closest brother next in line died of AIDS, my mother's closest brother next in line has HIV. Her brother was killed at 21 as a result of substance abuse, as was mine. Our personalities are so much alike that it's scary. I trust her implicitly and she has been my best friend for the whole 19 years. Our children are like brother and sister, in fact both are in trouble with the law at the same time.. hehehe... er, not funny really! My water went out one time, so I went over to her house to take a shower. Her water heater broke when I was there. Heh.

CG

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

There is that ole saying about there being only 6 degrees of separation between you and someone on the other side of the earth who is a 'total stranger'.

About things being just shear luck of the draw;'Mr Spock' of Star Trex his commentary on luck: "random factors seem to be operating in your favor".

Matthew 10:29 JC said;'the hairs of our head (about 120,000) are numbered by a benevolent God'.Some 'coincidences' are latent holdovers of believing we have a 'personal relationship with a powerful Deity and attributing these said 'coincidences to divine providence.

Then again; what do i know??I have renounced a demonic false cult,and detached myself from it's Deity structure.

That doesn't me that there is no benevolent supreme almighty God....

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I had a boyfriend along time ago. He had a dream that disturbed him. Someone gave him a black rose. He told me that he thought that it meant that he was going to die and if so then he thought he was ready to accept it. I shrugged it off. But then three days later unexpectedly, a blood vessel in his brain burst. He had a brain aneurysm (sp?). A few days after that he died. It was very traumatic.

I held him in my arms all the way to the hospital, while he was vomiting and having convulsions. We both said I love you to each other in the waiting room. They took him back and that was the last time I ever saw him alive, without assistance.

I always hope that I could see him again.

I guess thats a strange coincidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit